Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I am in a turmoil over what route I should take here in upgrading my JG Bar-10. I have been following 1tonne's guide, and it seemed simpler and cheaper to get a longer barrel, use the stock trigger, spring, and piston, and then just cover it with a mock silencer. However when asking what part I need to attach the mock silencer to a gspec, I started to realize it might not be the best plan for long term. :ashamed:
__ __ __ __

Laid out below I have written the goal FPS, BB weight, and inner barrel length for two different setups. Both of them should be getting the best efficiency out of the parts, but I am not sure what is most practical for me. Setup #1 seems like it might be better because of the zero trigger, yet it is a little more expensive. I am however willing to pay this if it will server me better in the long run.

As everyone wants with their sniper, I want the best precision & accuracy out of mine. With the parts listed below you will notice that with #1, I would use the stock barrel. How much will that affect the performance? Also is there going to be a large difference with range in one of them? What about accuracy in general with either of them? I also play in woods mostly, so I am guessing setup #1 with heavier bbs would get through small leaves and stuff better?

I know I have a bunch of questions here, but hopefully you guys can clear them up. :shrug:

Setup #1
540FPS w/ .43g @430mm on a Bar10 pro sniper
Laylax SP170 $28
AA Zero Trigger w/ Piston $125
Stock 430mm Barrel $Free

Setup #2
420FPS w/ .30g @555mm on a Bar10 Gspec
Laylax 555mm 6.03 Barrel $65
Mock Silencer $40
Stock Spring, piston, and trigger $Free

Upgrades I will do to either setup no matter what:
Action Army Hopup Chamber
Maple Leaf bucking
Possibly LRB mod

·
Registered
931 Posts
Just my .02 here.

540 fps with a 0.43g is pretty hot. I personally don't think you would need something that high. 420 with a 0.43 would be fine and it would put a lot less stress on your internals. I like the barrel upgrade since it will go well with an upgraded bucking + AA chamber which you stated you will get for sure, but 555mm is really long. I don't think you'll need anything longer than 430-450. At the same time, I am not a fan of 45 degree triggers so the AA trigger is also a point for me. At the end of the day, however, I think that upgrading the barrel + hopup grouping takes priority over the cylinder/trigger unit since those are the pieces that influence your accuracy the most. Trigger unit durability and cylinder assembly really only matter for power, though the seal of the piston/cylinder will affect your consistency as well. Note that I'm not entirely versed with Bar10 base trigger box durability. If it's bad then, well, new trigger box takes priority.

Edit: A 555mm barrel is actually pretty well optimized for the BB weight that you listed. A 0.3g at 400ish with a 555mm barrel is a good ratio if I remember correctly, but if you're planning on using heavier weights (which is always a benefit for accuracy anyways) then a 555mm would probably not be the best thing to get in the long run.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I wrote 540FPS w/ .43g, I meant that it would chrono at around 540fps with .2's, but I would be using .43's with it.

And also, as you say 555mm is really long, yes it is, but according to 1tonne, it should be the best length to use with the stock bar 10 fps, and a .30g bb.

·
Registered
931 Posts
If that is the case, I would go with setup 1. In the long run, you could fork over an extra 30-40 dollars for a 420/430mm 6.03/6.01 AA barrel and that would be the last of the upgrades you will need. I believe that would give you a good fps with 0.43g bb's and a good ratio with that length barrel. It would also save you the money of having to buy a suppressor + adapter. As a side note, however, I'm not sure how strong a stock bar10 cylinder's durability is. If someone else could confirm or deny if it can handle a sp170 that would be good

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
And in the meanwhile, polishing your stock barrel can really go a long way :tup:

Like I said in the other thread, I'd go with setup #1 ;)

And if you're on a budget, go for airsoftpro. It'll cost you about $100 for a trigger, piston, spring guide & spring. The spring is a tad hot but if you cut it you'll be able to get it under 540 fps. Better value for money :tup:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
How does the quality of airsoftpro upgrades compare to Action Army or Laylax? I don't want to spend a hundred dollars for some upgrades that won't last a while.

If I can get all those parts from airsoftpro for $100 and they are good quality, I would be fine spending another $30-40 more for a nice AA 6.03 barrel.

EDIT: Also, I see I can pick what spring to get with the airsoftpro package, they have anywhere from m150-m190. Which would be closest to the Laylax sp170 I was planning on getting?

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Airsoftpro is not as solid as action army in my opinion, but it is very solid. Treat it properly and it will outlast you :tup:

Get the airsoftpro M150 spring by the way, their springs are more powerful than advertised. You'll have to cut it to get desired fps :hehe:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thank you very much. I think going for this airsoftpro trigger set is a better option for me. I think I will pick one of these up (only 90 USD shipped >:D) and an AA 430mm 6.03 too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.