Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yeah, my shotgun broke and since a game came up I went and grabbed an aeg. I decided I like electric guns but like sniper rifles more. Now I'm clueless on what type to get, was thinking about saving for a little longer, and selling some video games to get an utg l96 thing, but think it might be better to get the jg bar10 scope package and upgrade it?

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
I've heard better things about the Bar 10 than the UTG. Also, have to say, I am a fan of JG guns. They are actually very good quality for how much they cost!

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
In the end what it comes down to is what you feel more comfortable carrying and which looks better. With all the upgrades available and the mods you can do, you can get the same performance with both. I personally prefer the bar10 style because the hand grip is at more of an angle, and it has more of a selection of upgrades and replacement parts.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Both guns have great potential. If I'm correct the UTG will take APS2 upgrade parts while the bar-10 utilizes Tokyo Marui's vsr-10 design and upgrades. Both have a huge amount of parts available and with time and money you can make a great rifle. It just depends what style of rifle you prefer. You'll hear people say that APS2 is superior and you'll hear VSR-10 is, but in the end both are very popular, if not the most popular, sniper rifle platforms. Good luck and hope to hear more about it in the future.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmm... what feels more like a bolt action .22 rifle? Don't have any places nearby with sniper rifle airsoft guns so yeah. Plus think I would like the cheaper price of the bar10 so I could spend money on upgrades.

·
Registered
212 Posts
The bar-10 is a great idea. If you choose it you have access to so many upgrade parts. There's a reason why the vsr-10 platform is so popular and widely used, it is in my opinion one of the easiest platforms to work on. Everything fits great and with minimal research you can find exactly what your looking for as far as upgrades.

·
Registered
890 Posts
The bar 10 is going to be the closest to the feel of a .22 rifle. Although neither are going to match a .22 rifle in terms of weight. Especially if you get the clones. Both of the rifles feel like toys to me.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
I filled my bar10 with all the clay I could fit. It quiets it and makes it weight a little over 8 pounds. But without the clay they are very light, yes.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I find the L96 to be more comfortable than the BAR, though the L96 weighs a ton. 10+lbs with mag, bipod, and my scope. Upgrades are a little harder to get, but it's a pretty solid stock gun. Not great, but good enough.

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
To me the way the grip and stock is, kinda gets in my way. The classic style stock like the bar feels more natural and its a more steady, fluent movement from racking the bolt to shooting again. With the l96 it feels awkward and the front of the stock is too squared so its not very comfortable in my opinion. L96's look great though..

·
Registered
714 Posts
I love my l96. Bar10 is way lighter. But after I dropped a madbull v.2 black python in it my fps is around 480/490 with no other upgrades... I'm hitting 60 yard shots with ease. Out of the box l96 is superior.

sent from my dx2 w/paranoid android

·
Registered
228 Posts
If you want an easily upgradable rifle, go with the BAR10. But beware, upgrades cost alot of $$$. If you want a cheap rifle that shoots hard out of the box, I would actually go with the A&K SVD. 500FPS for $100, the sears are also nice. The L96 is somewhere in the middle regarding ease of upgrading and stock performance. Keep in mind that no gun will shoot accurately out of the box, you will need to tweak them a bit. For example, my stock BAR-10 that I tweaked can hit a 1' x 1' target consistently from 200ft in ideal conditions.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.