Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello All,
I am looking for a good scope preferably with at least a 40mm lens and a mil-dot reticle? Does anyone have any suggestions? My budget would be under $150, though I would want good glass and not a cheep scope that would break quickly, also windage and elevation knobs that are easily accesible would be nice.

Thanks!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Replica M3 scopes or M1 scopes. Ive owned them all and I keep falling back on them. Short of the real deal; the replica M3 scopes have no real equal. The MOA adjustment is allot more since its airsoft, but you simply cant beat the eye relief and the ease of windage and elevation adjustments. Hold over on targets is simple and while wind calls in airsoft is somewhat pointless being able to adjust your point of impact on the fly gives you a big advantage.

·
Registered
234 Posts
How do those tasco/bushnell ebay clones stack up against the ncstar or leapers?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Since recoil is a non issue in airsoft, and the ranges are relatively short, even for snipers, it would seem BSA, Barska, Tasco, Leapers etc would be good to go.

The Bushnell I have came of a Remington .308 hunting rifle so putting it on a airsoft spring rifle is no big deal.

·
Registered
184 Posts
How do those tasco/bushnell ebay clones stack up against the ncstar or leapers?
The M3 clones out perform them hands down, plus they look better. Ive had ALLOT of optics both RS and airsoft, and the M3 and M1 clones are great. For $70+ you get a scope with mildots, open turret system good eye relief and the windage and elevation comes in handy. The eye relief and clarity of the glass makes it better than any tasco, or bushnell; unless you want to drop 100+ and then you might find something.

Just my 2 cents.

Heres a video review

If you want to drop some serious cash/sell your car you can get this: :)
(Im not selling mine)

The ARD alone costs more than a bolt gun, and the Knights scope rings....heh

·
Registered
1 Posts
I actually had quite a bit of difficulty finding a 40mm lens but I've got one with a 42mm objective lens that's well within your budget. Unfortunately doesn't have mil-dot reticle but to be honest I've never actually come across one! Am I just looking in the wrong places? But yeah anyway a Swiss Arms 5x42 should be below $100 anywhere you look, but I've found this place to be pretty helpful for Airsoft Guns and accessories, I'm actually waiting on some tactical gear!

Hope you find a decent scope soon.

·
Registered
714 Posts
I like NcStar for airsoft. Inexpensive and a good warranty and customer service. Not the highest quality though; not up to shooting on real firearms.
Maybe I got a special case, but my NC Star is a p.o.s., no matter how much I adjust the knobs it won't affect the cross hairs. Thank God it's a mil-dot so I know to aim one mil to the left to hit bulls eye. It works well but its visually unappealing to not be able to zero correctly.

Sent from my DROID4 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
951 Posts
Maybe I got a special case, but my NC Star is a p.o.s., no matter how much I adjust the knobs it won't affect the cross hairs. Thank God it's a mil-dot so I know to aim one mil to the left to hit bulls eye. It works well but its visually unappealing to not be able to zero correctly.

Sent from my DROID4 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
I had the same issue with a cheaper reddot.

Try to loosen the two turrets, and see if it does anything.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Back the turrets off a few clicks, tap lightly with a quarter, dial the turrets back to were you want, tap again. See if that doesnt work for you. Most people dont realize this, but the vibration from an "air-rifles" spring is really hard on some of the cheaper lesser quality optics, more so than say a .22 or .223. I know I know...says the guy with a Night Force and BORS.....That said it would be hilarious to print up a drop/wind chart for bbs. Just need the sectional density and ballistic coefficient.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.