Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been play airsoft for about 2 1/2 years now, most of it as a sniper, and im now looking for a new bolt action rifle that won't need to many upgrades to give it good range and accuracy. Im currently looking at the Airsoft GI Custom G700F Advanced, an upgraded version of the bar10, here's a link: http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=10578 But I don't know very much about airsoft guns and upgrades, so I wanted to make sure it is good before I get it, which won't be anytime soon, i'll have to save up first. If theirs any other guns that won't need to many upgrades, let me know.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Welcome to the forums! Personally i'd get a stock JG BAR 10 (cheap as possible if you're gonna upgrade everything) and then i'd put all the internals in myself, i feel like the gun is officially 'mine' once i know i could take it apart and be able to say whats in and where. I would also recommend ASPUK, theyre on these forums and i've got them in my gun, for the price they are brilliant! They do ship to the USA too.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is the bar10 good out of the box? I probably won't be able to upgrade it for a while, thats why I wanted an already upgraded version. Im not a very good tech. I'll only have to save up for a month or 2 for this upgraded version, if its a good choice, i'd rather get it.

·
Registered
112 Posts
The bar 10 i think shoots around 400fps out of the box, (with .2g) and with some DIY mods you can get it shooting pretty sweet, working on the hop (TDC, shimming, compression) and plenty of other stuff! Theres plenty of ideas on this forum as well as i think noobies projects (links are around). I'd still much prefer to do my own gun up, but if you want to buy it already upgraded it's your call mate. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, as I said, im not a very good tech, so I don't know if I should take apart the gun. I was wondering if the upgrades it comes with are any good, or if it would be better to just buy the gun and then buy different upgrades?

·
Registered
112 Posts
I've no idea about airsoft gi parts mate, i'm from the UK so. Your other alternative is to buy a completely upgraded JG BAR 10 second hand, chances are itll be cheaper and possibly have more reliable parts in (laylax etc)

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
We have had people ask for this before and the fact is, it simply doesn't exist. Most guns such as the bar10 and l96 clones work in my experience, somewhat similarly stock, excluding quirks such as the right curve issue on some bar10s. It is possible to put a lot of work into a stock gun and get it performing like an upgraded one without much work. In my opinion, I think you should get a stock bar10 because you are probably going to upgrade it anyway eventually and just slowly work on it from stock form, or at least you should. You could buy a second hand bar10 like ben said, and it would be cheaper, but I still think you should build it yourself instead of having someone else build it for you. You would be better off getting a second hand bar10 than anything ASGI could give you, but I stand by what I said.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Without a doubt, working with your rifle from stock, from upgrade to upgrade i think definitely makes getting the hit ingame that much more gratifying. To think that all of the possible effort you've put into refining and tweaking little parts like shimming the hop up just feels amazing. Also, if you are afraid of opening the gun up and not knowing what to do, there are a plethora of tutorials on youtube and on websites.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Consistency comes before power. Keeping that in mind, My suggested parts list to you is first to get the nineball bucking because of it's amazing air seal and performance over a range of fps. Then comes the Prommy (prometheus) 6.03 barrel. You could also get the madbull V2 barrel if you are really low on money, but the prommy is better. Also do the TDC mod because there is a good chance you will also get the right curve issue, although even if you don't it will still benefit you. You can find a guide for that in my sig. King, you are talking about the upgrade procedure by Cheese in the new members introductions category. I would post a link myself but I'm on a tablet.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
If it doesn't say either vsr-10 or pss10 (laylax's term for vsr10) then it isn't. That barrel is for m16 and aug guns. You want the 430mm model. It was either 430 or a bit more I think.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Also if the prommy barrel is out of stock (it normally is with most places) then the laylax barrel is the exact same thing. In fact they both come from the same factory, just with different names.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've just pick up a Dragonov SVD for under a hundred $s A stock Dragonov shoots over 400-430ish and that with no mods, also it's one of the most popular sniper's rifle, stores are selling out of them. And they accept aeg parts for upgrades. IMO that's probly one of the better ways to go, that way you'll have more money for more parts later. I like mine, it feels really well made,with just a couple of small tools and upgrades won't be to expensive. Buy a spring for a M4 and throw it in there, inexpensive but good upgrade nothing special. and they're reliable, I believe can be used in bad weather..... Good luck with finding what you want..... Welcome:cheers:

·
Registered
228 Posts
I found a Prometheus M16/AUG 550mm Barrel on airsoft atlanta, is that the one you meant? It says M16/AUG.
Obviously that barrel would be for an M16/AUG aeg, NOT a BAR10 or any other bolt action rifle, for that matter. Taking apart/upgrading a BAR10 is extremely easy, and there's plenty of guides/tutorials for taking one apart. Even if you're not a good tech, you will still be able to put upgrade parts in your BAR10. Spring powered/Bolt action snipers are FAR easier to work with than AEG's.

I'd either get a BAR10 or a UTG L96. They're both great platforms to upgrade. I really don't think you can get a good sniper right out of the box. With some DIY modding, my stock BAR10 can easily hit a torso @ 200+ feet, and the best part is I've spend less than $100 on it, mods/scope included.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.