Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, first. The search function is a pos.

Anyway, i've been experimenting with different types of flathop mods and i've noticed that over the course of testing, the bbs will gradually lose hop. So for example, after dialing in the hopup and locking it down by tightening the screw on the hop unit to clamp down on the gear. I'll go shoot a hundred or so rounds, but by the end; where I had the bb's set to a slight overhop. They will now be under hopped. fps consistency is good so that rules out power fluctuations.

That leaves me with residue on the hopup bucking as the explanation, i'm using bioval .3s and they still leave crap on the bucking. Now losing hopup isn't at all conducive to a good zero, so what do I do? Washing is an option but I doubt it'll help(sure didn't benefit the madbulls). Is there a point where the bucking is "broken in" and I can happily dial my scope without fretting about loss of hop?

Or is this one of those things people who pursue accuracy in airsoft learn to live with?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
M4, I understand that the hopup system is not well regarded. I think it was vindecare assassins guide or some where else that I found out about shaving down the protrusion that the main adjustment gear slides down on. That way when you tighten down the screw it acts as a clamp. In my hopup unit's case, I have it clamped down such that it takes quite a bit of pressure to turn the wheel.

Though the flathop my mean the bb is exerting more pressure on the arm.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.