Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Re the LRB, yep, screws will work and provide all the things you are asking of them. It is after all the method I chose to do the LRBs in all of my weapons that I have fitted an LRB to :tup:

Re the spring, I'd get a new one, dependant on the fps your aiming for I'd go with a laylax 150, this will give you around 500 fps, dependant on how good your seals are, this can then be cut down to give you less fps if needed :shot:

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
yup, that will work provided the collar is retained within the outer barrel securley.

One of the 1st VSR modded with an LRB I ever saw used a similar method, but in the centre of the barrel, using the hop unit and the barrel cap as fixed points, which is not a true LRB, and to my mind gona cause more issues than it'll cure :shrug: Still the builder said he had good results with it.

I did try this ''centre bend'' method back last year on 1 of my VSRs, for shit'n'giggles, and the results were as I suspected after side by side testing it with my other LRBed VSR no where near as good and very slightly unpredictable :doh:

But if you keep your collar to the fore end of the barrel you should be mint :tup:

Also dont forget that you should also be keeping the barrel at the hop end of the barrel running as straight as possible for the first 2 or 3 inches to give the BB time to stabalize at the topp of the barrel before it hits the curve :yup:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.