Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI! I was thinking of buying an m14 and converting it into an m21.

I would like to put a guarder sp17 spring inside and was wondering if someone can help me with what to put inside.

I was thinking of putting guarder piston, cylinder, cylinder head, nozzle and systema piston head inside.
I would also put element 300% torque up gears for m14 and a systema magnum motor in there. A 11.1 volt li-po battery would power all of this.

Now, would these upgrades be enough to pull that sp170 spring or will parts start to break soon?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
As soon as you start upgradeing anything you increase the stress within the gearbox which inturn will increase the likelyhood of something going bang prematurely, it is sadly the nature of the beast ;)

Which M14 are you planning to upgrade as there is a vast difference between the G&G/CA versions and the TM versions and its clones?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking of upgrading the cyma real wood m14.

I know about the stress that upgrading puts on the gearbox, what i would like to know is if the internal parts will hold up.

Will the gears/piston strip?
Will the motor have a hard time cranking the powerfull spring?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Like Mosin indicates, buy a descent one if you want to get more power from it for a smaller amount of out lay, because the standard parts are liable to be of a higher quality out of the box. The other way to make things last longer is to lock it in semi only as a big spring + full auto = terminal melt down for the gearbox. You would probably have to do this anyway for the FPS that you want for it to be site legal and avoid the problem of someone turning your gun into a suppository for you should you shoot them on full auto with it ;) As for choosing your base gun, its a toss up between G&G or TM, although CA is a clone of the G&G their QC is not the best in recent times :( (my mates died again yesterday and is only 6 months old, this will be the 3rd time at the menders :() Mine on the other hand is an old G&G (2nd version gearbox) and shot nicely all day ;)

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have both a TM M14 and a CA M14, both are bone stock. The Tm chronos a hot 330fps with .20 gram excels (well hot for a TM anyway) Its biggest advantage is it has the best stock Hop up of any AEG I have had contact with. The CA is a nice piece as well, The fake walnut stock is superior to TMs and the CYMA especially in texture. It chronos a average of 356fps bone stock, BUT the TM outperforms it in every way except velocity. Some other things to mention is that the CAs hop up adjustment is in the bolt cover. The TM hop up adjustment is in the magazine well. Magazines are not cross compatible between the two. I have not had a reason to do any upgrades to either of them but the CA will probably get a hop up bucking and a tightbore in the near future. CAs quality control made great gains right up until they move manufacturing to mainland China where it promptly when to Poop! CA is having a lot of lemon issues again. I have a proper review on M14s but it is not progressed real far yet. To post a review on c3s forums you must have field time with the replica you are reviewing. As for upgrades, look at this post as well.

http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/Dmr-Cheap-t117966.html

TM,CA,CYMA M14 http://www.c3airsoft.com/showthread.php/classic-army-tokyo-marui-14910.html
G&G M14 http://www.c3airsoft.com/showthread.php/g-g-m14-13715.html

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.