Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At first glance, I thought M24E1 to be an ugly revamp of the U.S. Army M24, but the more I study the literature, the more this rifle grows on me... I love it!!

I would love a green gas version, as it looks like a spring version would be a tough sell without that magazine.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
72 Posts
I bet that dude gets all caught up on his burlap when he crawls XD(I had long burlap on my ghillie on the front, and it impeded my crawling).

I think if they had that in as a fake mag, then they could use the front RIS to hide the actual mag.

·
Banned
215 Posts
Looks like a hideous arrangement of unneeded contraptions in my opinion. Looks like it would be more suited to a competition shooter instead of a military sniper.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh I don't know, I guess it's like the M14 and the M14 Mod 0 EBR, the Army is messing with a good thing by trying to modernize it. I like both the EBR and the M14 equally for different reasons. So maybe if I did not think of the M24E1 as the modernized M24 I would like it even more...(?)

But the rifle has grown on me, and maybe calling it the MSR would work to keep the association between names seperate (i.e. M24 / M24E1)?

There sure is an insane amount of pics on the web of this MSR...

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
I think it is a sweet ass weapon to be honest.

The stock folds on it, so you can travel with it in a small pack. So if you are moving with a squad size element you don't give yourself away as the sniper. Looking at it more... the stock looks like a stripped down MagPul stock.

The RIS on it will help hold your PEQ box, your night vision optics, and your IR light. Not to mention the bipod as well. That and each mission is different. You may need a 4" rail for one accessory, and then you need 8" for another. And each sniper weapon is different per the snipers likes and dislikes.

It honestly looks like a no BS type of stock for the rifle. Very well made so it can with stand some abuse, yet doesn't have all of the extra crap on it that isn't needed.

Over all......... I think it is a great rifle. Very customizable per each shooter, instead of the standard.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice animation here of the new features...and shots fired:

The video was pulled fom Popular Airsoft, who states that they hope ARES or Classic Army come out with a gas version of this rifle... I would love for Tanyo Koba to get involved, but mention of anyone of these airsoft mfg's names jacks the price way up. I would definitely get one, no doubt about it.

http://www.popularairsoft.com/remington-m24-gets-upgrade-m24e1

·
Registered
445 Posts
>< They really did it, they took a age old sniper rifle and tried to make it modern. This gun looks nice but, in the real world application all the extras on there are just a hindrance. That's why they don't have a 4 rail system on the m24 you don't need it, I mean why do you need a peq box on a m24 lasers give away your position.

Don't get me wrong it looks like a bolt version of the EBR, just not my style though to flashy if you ask me, and to many parts that can break.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Agreed, a spring design incorporating technology put forth by Tokyo Marui is not a bad idea, I like it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hmmm, all I can think about is a phrase my dad taught me. "If it ain't broken son, don't try and fix it"???? To much stuff on it for me. The shooter makes the gun, not the other way around unless we are so lacking snipers that like the rest of the world, we have to tech-up the weapon to a point where even Clyde the oranguatan can make a thousand yard shot?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.