Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 11 Posts

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What size is the set screw in the hop up adjustment? I've found it takes an .050 inch Allen wrench to turn and the diameter of the set screw is about 2mm. English and metric in the same piece of equipment? I guess so.

More to the point, is there a particular number/description of this set screw, such as a part number? I've banged up mine pretty good and am looking for a replacement. The smallest set screw I've been able to find is 3mm in diameter. Of course, I'm here in the US and metric parts are harder to find. I imagine in the rest of the world such parts are much easier to locate and purchase.

I know I can ebay or google for parts but I don't want to buy an entire hop up unit (ebay) or search through 28,000 some odd hits (google).

Any suggestions, guidance or words of wisdom?

Thank you, in advance, for your courtesies,

Joe

Edited for punctuation and clarity

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Man, I just keep discovering more and more reasons to love this site! Thank you for all the information, folks.

My hop up unit is the stock CA one. Will the PDI screws work in it?

There are a few RC stores in my area. I didn't even think to check them. I want to support locally-owned businesses whenever I can so I'll first look around here. If they don't have what I need then I'll expand my search to the virtual realm.

Joe

PS--Vindicareassassin, I have the same problem. LOL.

Edited for grammar

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bonzo,

I'm finding the 3mm limit the hard way. I can't throw a rock without hitting a hardware store, etc that stocks 3mm set screws. 2 mm? No one, even a warehouse supplier, has even heard of them.

I've thought about tapping the hole out to 3 mm or even 4 mm. The hop up unit feels like brass--soft and easy to tap. Any thoughts?

Joe

1 - 5 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.