Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
716 Posts
For diameter, I don't know off the top of my head what the stock screw diameter is, or even how stripped out your holes are, but you want to just go the next size up. The best best is to take the original screws to the hardware store, measure them, and go up a size or two. After that, you've got two options, you can either buy a tap set, which will be a bit more expensive, but it'll allow you to retap them if they ever strip out again as well as retap other things too. Or, you can get the exact size tap for the replacement screws, and simply retap them. If you've seen the videos, re-tapping is enough as can be, and all you need is a tap itself, and the handle (not sure what it's called) to hold the tap while you manually screw the tap into the receiver.

I myself, just bought a basic tap and dye set, I think it was like $20, and I've used it countless times for other projects, and it came with I believe 5 taps and 5 dyes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.