Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I recently bought an m24(i think this is the same with the Echo1 m28 sold in the United STates) and to have a better understanding of the gun, I took it apart and compared it with various Bar10 / VSs stock parts i have lying around. This is my first ever review of a gun, so please bear with me

Part 1: the externals

The gun's stock is built from plastic and is quite heave. It does have a nice feel on it, as it has that scaly design, as compared to the flat look on the VSR / Bar10 models. When apart, the butt of the stock is very heavy, due to the retractable butt pad assembly, but when put together with the outer barrel, the weight is more balanced

The outer barrel is fluted, and is constructed out of solid metal. The construction, I think is more solid than that of the bar10. It also has a nifty magwell made out of china metal as well, which is think is good enough to lock in a very cheap a$$ magazine.

The gun comes with a rail interface, to put in those scopes as well. sellers here in the Philippines did not include the bipod and the extra mag that you guys get from echo1.

Overall externals, I would say is quite good. It has a very nice heavy feel on the gun, much like the m14 aeg in weight. I put in a bushnell 4-12x40 I have lying around, and maybe i'll be painting it moss green or something to that line. I also ordered gun wraps along with my ghillie, so we'll see how it looks like wrapped and not wrapped.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
part2: The Internals

After a few shots I decided to take the rifle apart to look at the internals. OTB, it shot around 500fps, so I was so curious on how it shot that strong, considering its stock setup.

I made few comparisons on parts from my old Bar 10 (sold it off for this baby. :))

Piston Body Construction:

Pretty much, the m24 and the bar 10 has the same piston body construction. made out of plastic and the only difference is that the m24 is a bit longer by a centimeter.

m24 on top, bar10 piston below

Hop Assembly and Inner barrel:

Hop assembly is pretty much VSR configuration, but what i love on this gun is that it comes with a 510mm inner barrel, which most sites say has a 6.03 inner diameter. I dont have a gadget to measure it, so I wont be discussing it that much.

Hop bucking is also the same with bar 10's. i had it washed already with warm soapy water as well.

Spring Guide:

Much like the piston body, m24 SG is slight longer.

The trigger assembly does look like VSR configuration, and i'll be upgrading it using machine tooled steel. (If any of you guys know EdGi, http://edgicustom.blogspot.com/2008/01/jg-bar-10-upgrades.html) Im going to order his parts, since he works at next building where I work from. :)

I had the gun zeroed at around 50-55meters, using golden ball 0.3's. i hit the target 7 times out of 10 after zeroing, with a 4-5inch diameter of stray shots. The pellets do make a strong thud sound when it hits the sack target I used, I think I can extend the range more in due time.

The only thing I really dont like about this gun is the magazine. hopefully, some good aftermarket magazines comes out.

My m24 sniper

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Skirmishability: I'd give this gun a 8.5-10. I was able to hit most guys from 110-120 ft, and I had an encounter with the opposing force's sniper, which I hit at around 180ft. I did have to compensate for the curving bbs, at that range. maybe a tighter barrel and after market hop rubber can do the trick.

Im getting the trigger assembly upgraded here by machine tooled construction grade metal. I'll give you guys an update on the upgraded version. :)

·
Registered
562 Posts
Complete set of VSR-10 sears from AirsoftGI are only $55. These even come with upgraded springs. This is a good deal, unless you are getting work done for free...(?)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sir Dragon, I appreciate the suggestion, however, i live here in the Philippines, which makes everything a bit harder to obtain. :) I've contacted the constructor of the parts and will be around 120usd, complete sears, piston body, spring, spring guide and stopper pin. :) And the spring included should fire around 550-600fps on 0.2.. (Most game sites here are open fps..)

Here is where 'll get my parts
http://edgicustom.blogspot.com/2008/01/jg-bar-10-upgrades.html

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Upgrade kit installed. the upgrade parts were originally for bar10, but they were drop in for the m24. :)

now I am shooting around 590fps on 0.2g bb's. I use 0.36g right now, shooting around 480fps(?)

I have extended my range to 200ft as well.

G

·
This is a good review, but you didn't have to post the two parts separately. I'm surprised that the mods didn't say anything ;) Most of the time, they will get on you for double-posts, but I guess they let this one slide... anyways, good review!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi guys, its been a while since I've posted in the forum.

Anyway, after upgrading my rifle way back last summer, I haven't had any internal problems, and I have even upgraded the spring to a 650fps (on 0.2) rating spring, and i use madbull 0.4's. Everything is holding up the way it should be, and the rifle is slowly getting its battle scars. I have not been playing lately due to storms here in the Philippines ( I heard in some parts of the US as well, you guys have been having thunderstorms) but on the few times that I played, I have been consistently been hitting targets quite accurately.

I'm planning on buying aftermarket hop bucking, either King Arms or 9-Ball, since I think the stock hop rubber is slowly deteriorating.

I'm happy to say I've had a few more friends turn from AEG guns to bolt actions, because they envy my range and style of play. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.