Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at how I was going to upgrade my m24 and I wanted to just double check compatibility between parts so I know I don't buy something that won't fit.

First of all, from what I've read the CA m24 will take all aps2 internals except the cylinder and cylinder head.

So I can use the APS2 spring guide, spring, and piston correct?

With that I would like to keep these orders relatively small. Do you guys have any recommendations about which order to upgrade the parts in? I'll start with what in my mind will work while still upgrading my performance. (so I still have an operational guns and no parts laying around)

Upgrade set 1 - circa 228USD
Code:
PDI m24 cylinder head
PDI m24 hop up unit 
PDI 6.05 m24 length inner barrel
PDI W bucking
upgrade set 2 - circa 416USD
Code:
PDI palsonite cylinder (or precision I'm not sure what the difference is there other then the build material)
PDI palsonite cocking handle (and end cap?)
PDI 9mm spring guide
PDI SPR 250% spring (possibly 300% going to check rulings around my area to make sure I can play with it everywhere)
PDI HD piston
Hop up high bar (or low? I'm not completely sure which is the more desirable for hopping heavy bbs)
Upgrade set 3 - circa 152USD
Code:
PDI v trigger
total: ~800USD

If you have any comments or recommendations of how I can split the second order into a smaller order I'm all ears as I would much prefer each purchase to be around 200USD. Also, please feel free to post any other comments or recommendations as well.

·
Premium Member
716 Posts
A CA M24 can use all APS internals, with the exception of barrel spacers and the hop up units. There is a catch though; to use an APS cylinder, you have to have an APS bolt handle, which I would recommend anyways because the CA ones are cheap pot metal and break extremely easily. It's cheaper to buy a steel APS bolt handle than it is to buy a PDI M24 bolt handle.

If you don't want to use an APS cylinder/handle, you can still use an APS cylinder head with an M24 cylinder.

If it was me, I would personally go with Laylax/FF parts as opposed to the PDI, but that is just preference, though I would still use the PDI SPR spring.

·
Registered
909 Posts
I would always recommend people to do barrel/hop-up/bucking upgrades first and then work from there.

I would DEFINITELY do the trigger upgrade last because of the super durable stock trigger mech that the CA M24 has. Really, an upgraded mech isn't necessary if you're on a budget, but with higher rated springs, the trigger will get pretty stiff for sure. I would at least try to do some polishing of the sears and all of the stock mech before spending the cash.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
At this point I would like to keep with the m24 bolt handle so I suppose I'll be keeping with the current stuff. Also, if I could find everything in laylax/FF I would seriously consider doing that as a second option. The reason I went with PDI was because I can buy all the parts from pretty much one place.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
The trigger you should have no problems with to be honest.

I have had a past M24 up over 600 fps on the stock trigger, and didn't see any signs of wear or break down.

·
Registered
909 Posts
I agree with going LayLax also as it would probably save you some $. The PDI stuff is pretty nice though, so either way you would pretty much be set.

Have you checked any overseas sites? You might be able to find the stuff all together.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They don't have all the parts I need. If they do they aren't usually in stock. I already considered Airsoft atlanta as a option just decided I would rather buy from PDIs website.

Also the plans have a changed a little bit. Instead of selling the m24 500fps kit I am going to use it for the time being until I have the money to replace the rest of the parts. It'll at least put me at 500fps with the PDI hopup, barrel, and bucking and make my gun a little more viable until I have the money to purchase the rest of the parts.

So basically it'll be the first upgrade set plus a added PDI bolt handle. Thoughts?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.