Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to sink some more money into my Echo1 M28 and of course barrel is first on the list for upgrades. At this time it looks like Masamune is the only brand that makes a barrel just for the M28. However I didn't know if I could just buy another barrel that was the same length or close to it and throw on a barrel adapter and go that route. So here is what I have found so far. Any comments on the brands or barrels themselfs would be much appreciated.

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=7577

http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?cPath=24_72_380&products_id=24409

Has anyone owned a Masamune barrel? If so how does it stack up agaisnt EDGI and other top brands?

·
Registered
506 Posts
Oh, yeah, no problem. Everyone misses it.

But anyways, when you're comparing it to 75-80$ EDGI barrels, it won't compare. Also, unless you really need the FPS, get a 6.03 mm barrel. Tighter isn't always better, and you will get better groupings at range with the 6.03+ TBB.

I would recommend Madbull or Systema for that price range. Off brands PROBABLY won't compare.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
I have no experience with the m28, but do standard AEG barrels fit the m28 hop up chamber? If not, I am not sure if the systema would fit. Just something to keep in mind.

Also, make an intro post so we can get to know you better. ;)

And moving this to "Others" section.

·
Registered
268 Posts
It depends on what b's you use. Most companies make their bb's 5.95 ~0.01 mm.
This has to do with the "perfect" amount of space between your bb an your barrel. Supossedly this should be 0.08, so it will create the "perfect" airflow around your bb that will,1. Push the air in front of the bb forward as not to slow down the bb, 2. Not create any drag behind the bb and 3. The airflow will keep the bb from touching your barrel, thus not making it bounce around in your barrel.

There is a thread about this somewhere or it is discussed somewhere on this forum. It's also said to be "theoritically proven" on someone's website, forgot it's name tho.

·
Registered
506 Posts
pvt13 said:
It depends on what b's you use. Most companies make their bb's 5.95 ~0.01 mm.
This has to do with the "perfect" amount of space between your bb an your barrel. Supossedly this should be 0.08, so it will create the "perfect" airflow around your bb that will,1. Push the air in front of the bb forward as not to slow down the bb, 2. Not create any drag behind the bb and 3. The airflow will keep the bb from touching your barrel, thus not making it bounce around in your barrel.

There is a thread about this somewhere or it is discussed somewhere on this forum. It's also said to be "theoritically proven" on someone's website, forgot it's name though.
Yeah, I just found this. Not the proof, but the air cushion idea.

Considering the .08 mm idea, and that most BB's are 5.95

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well I would love to buy a .04 barrel from a different company, however I don't know if it will fit or not. If anyone knows one that does fit the M28 besides the one from ASGI please let me know.

Also has anyone bought the Masamune barrel or have any experience with it?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I am in the same boat here. I am looking for a TBB for my M28 and the only one I can find right now is the Masamune 6.01 barrel. I have two ICS M4s with the same hop up and rubber, one with a 6.03 and one with a 6.01 TBB, and I have not notice any difference in performance between the two of them. If someone could direct me to a good 6.03 TBB for the M28 I would be most appreciative. I realize this is a relatively new gun and that aftermarket parts could still be a few months away.

·
Registered
16 Posts
After some more internet searching I have learned that the stock M28 inner barrel is 6.06mm, hardly precise. Additionally the barrel cut is identical to the VSR 10 barrel. Thus the barrels SHOULD be compatible.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
gunfather6 said:
After some more internet searching I have learned that the stock M28 inner barrel is 6.06mm, hardly precise. Additionally the barrel cut is identical to the VSR 10 barrel. Thus the barrels SHOULD be compatible.
Thanks for the heads up. I will do some more searching.

Edit: It looks like on the Echo1 site it says the Inner Barrel Length is: 517mm for the M28. And it looks like the VSR is around 430. [Correct me if im wrong] I can't find any barrels that are long enough that are made for the VSR 10. :-[

I did find this Systama, however don't know if the cut is right and its just a tad long. http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?cPath=24_72_380&products_id=24409

We might be stuck with just the Masamune until something else comes out.
:(" title=":mad:" border="0"/>

·
Registered
16 Posts
There is a very thorough thread on the M28 and parts compatibility by Dragon64 on Arniesairsoft: http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=192489. Although it is a lengthy read it has a lot of photos and links to helpful Youtube videos on the subject of the performance of the M28 including the solution to the magazine misfeeding issues some players are having. Namely you need to tighten the the bolts that lock the barrel to the receiver from muzzle to stock, not the other way around. Additionally Dragon64 measures the diameter of the stock barrel to be 6.03mm. Searching other websites I have heard quite a bit of debate as to the exact diameter of the stock barrel ranging from 6.03 to 6.06. Although it should be noted that Dragon64 is the first I have seen to actually measure it with a precision caliper.

I recently installed the Masamune 6.01 TBB (515mm) from ASGI and a Nine-Ball purple VSR10 bucking (perfect fit BTW) on my M28. Although I lack the range in my backyard to do a true test of the accuracy I was able to rechrono the gun with the upgrades. It chronoed at 532 fps with .2s. The same gun chroned at 530 fps before the upgrades were installed. Obviously this is barely worth reporting as an "increase". I would call this further evidence that the 6.03 stock barrel diameter is probably accurate as if it were 6.06 I would have expected a much larger increase in fps.

I am fielding the rifle tomorrow so I shall see if there is a noticable increase in accuracy.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.