Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so today I finally got the time to try to sight in my M28. As I would shoot at my target, I noticed that I couldn't even see the BB firing. My spotter agreed that he couldn't see anything either.

That's when we looked down. All of my BBs had been rolling out of my barrel. "Fair enough," I thought. I adjusted my hop up a little and tried again. The BBs continued to roll out. After much frustration, I discovered that the hop up had to be turned up half way before the BBs even stopped falling out of the barrel. I figured this must be how all hop ups worked in M28s. But the problems didn't stop there.

When I fired at my target (which, by the way, was at 150 feet), I noticed the BB would just plummet at 45 feet. I finally turned the hop up all the way to the highest it could go. Still, the BB would plummet at 100 feet. I was baffled, considering I was using .3s and the gun is firing at 530 FPS.

Anybody else have these issues? Or should I just exchange it for a new one (my warranty hasn't expired yet)?

·
Registered
232 Posts
My spotter/ scout partner has this gun and fielded it for the first time yesterday. He had no trouble dialing in the hop up and sighting it in. He was also using .3's as well. It chrono'd 415- 420 with .3's. I think what you encountered mat it may be a fluke.

·
Registered
506 Posts
The bucking isn't holding the BBs. You could return it... but it's such a hassle. Shipping, phone calls/emails, RMA numbers... You're also going to upgrade the bucking first thing, most likely, so I would just leave it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thought about replacing the bucking, but knowing my luck, something bad would probably happen and there would go my warranty. Anytime I've taken apart a gun, something happens; most of the time it's a bad thing. I already issued an RMA and I'm going to try shipping it back in the next few days.

I appreciate everyone's help! I now know for future reference what's going on if something like this happens again, whether it be my gun or a friend's.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.