Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 269 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys, here she is, all finished and ready for my testing!

Bottom piston is our prototype M28 piston, center one is the stock M28 piston and the top is a Vsr piston..

The rear of the new piston is not aluminum, it is steel. Has a delron ring and its pretty nice!

Here is a video of me testing its compression. I only held the air in the cylinder for 10 seconds and released but I have held it for 20 seconds already and it held perfectly!

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Looks good. I would think the steel end, while increasing lifetime, would decrease fps because of the weight, wouldn't it? I guess a piston that lasts forever is better than a piston that gets higher fps. Fire a few hundred bbs through it, take it out, and tell us if you find any wear. Also, who made the piston for you?

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its pretty light still. Not much different than the aluminum vsr piston I recently bought. The small steel end seems like a darn good quality. I highly doubt it'll blow out anytime soon. I am having some feeding issues with my M28 though,,lol.. Double, triple feeds, sometimes just doesnt feed. I am about to replace the bb stopper in the hopup.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
I am having some feeding issues with my M28 though,,lol.. Double, triple feeds, sometimes just doesnt feed. I am about to replace the bb stopper in the hopup.
You just get all the luck.

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know right,hahahaha.. I was sitting here feeling like smacking myself cause I just had to smack someone and I cant think of anyone who would volunteer,lol.. And just before I did it, I thought. Hey what are the things I changed last? I think sice I used the mags and magwell in my last build of that hybrid rifle. I shaved the mags to fit the bar 10. And that would be why my mags are sitting slightly off. Thats the only thing thats different other than the inner barrel length and pretty new piston. So I got out the good ole, JB Weld stick. I will just mash it on and smooth it out. That should fix it. Just have to make it the right thinkness, no big deal. I cant wait to use this tomorrow at the game! Not to mention, how can I test the rifle and look for flaws in the piston.Of course I hope I dont, but we want to know what it can take. I am using my bar10 spring that got me 421fps in the Bar. I want to get some new SHS sears before I go up to 500fps. His work looks outstanding! I have a sort of sharpness where the sear catches the piston. "Where it rubs before latching" and this one Slacker made doesnt have that, its nice and smooth. He used my stock o ring and shock dampener on the piston head. Does the video help show how nice it holds air do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got to use the M28 today with its pretty new piston. Between last night, fiddling with my rifle getting it to feed and todays game, and I let everyone try it out, I have put about a hundred shots through it already. I am only shooting at 421fps cause I need stronger sears before I bump up to 500fps. Here are the pics I took a few minutes ago so we can all see how its holding up.

I found no wear on the piston except a little on the delrin spacer.

I have little to no fear that this will blow out and I am going to be ordering some SHS sears very soon so I can try my hardest to kill this piston. I plan to try to shoot this rifle everyday and keep count. I figure maybe 25-50 shots per day till I get my sears. I will take pics every hundred shots and post them. If you have any questions, please ask.

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks buddy. I could only hope we can,lol.. In all my years of playing I've had so many ideas that I wanted to make. But with very limited tools and money I was unable to get the ideas into something built.. After bumping into my buddy Slacker, then finding out he just started playing and was already making his sons Agm L96 a better rifle. We talked a while about improvements that we had in our head, and that he worked in a machine shop and had access to the various machines. He has some skills! Honestly, I didnt expect this piston to look and feel so nice. I recently needed a piston for my Bar10 and went the cheap route. I was warned by Master juggler to spend the extra few$$ on a better piston than I was looking at getting. I was going to a game in a few days and only had so much money to spend at the time. I went with the "Mb03 upgrade kit" it was the most readily available one I could find. It costed about $40 total for it and I got it in 3 days. I was excited to have my rifle working in time to use it. Even though it does what its designed to do, I do see that cheapness in it. I had to file the ring to let my sear catch. The edges arent as smooth but other than that I like the Mb piston. When I told Slacker about the cheap piston I got and we talked a bit, I handed over the stock M28 piston and his head nearly exploded,hahaha.. His mind was going crazy with ideas. I cannot mention his design yet but this thing is going to be pretty sweet! So when he handed me the standard one I was amazed on how solid it felt and how nice and smooth the edges are etc.. I couldnt believe this was his first piston he ever made. Using my M28 again yesterday was awesome! I smiled with every shot!

Man, I type too much dont I,hahahaha..

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I cant do 100 shots a day right now,lol.. I said I would do 25 to 50 a day and update every 100 shots. I have only had the time to do 50 in the last 2 days buddy. I have been rebuilding the house quite a bit so I have been super busy. Dont worry ,I havent forgotten about this yet,hahaha.. I will try to get another 25-50 shots off by tomorrow night and post an update. My ole lady has me working my tail off lately. Windows, siding, bathroom floor and new tiles and we painted the bathroom as well. Theres more to the "Honey do" list but it'll take too long to type it out,lol..

Tomorrow night, I will post though. Sorry bud.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Do everything you can to get that thing to break. Give it the tortue test. Make sure it will never fail on you. I would say smash it with a hammer but that might be just a tiny little bit extreme... maybe.

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thats what the plan is actually. We want to see its fail point. I cant got with a harder spring till I get a stronger piston sear. I would like to get it up to 550fps for a few hundred shots or more. We have been talking about making sears too, then we know the sear touches the piston exactly perfect.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
At this point I think you might blow the cylinder head clean off the cylinder by the time you get a powerful enough spring to get this thing to fail with it's steel end LOL.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
I think the outer barrel will sooner snap in two from vibrations in the inner barrel LOL.

1 - 20 of 269 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.