Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was wondering if anyone here knows if I was to get a standard VSR outer barrel would it fit on the Echo 1 M28. I am just not a huge fan of these fluted barrels and I think it makes the rifle heavier. I need my rifle light due to my back issues so I would like to either buy a new VSR barrel "if they match up" or maybe locate someone with a standard barrel to make a trade me. I know the cylinders on the M28 are longer than Vsr and they may not match up on where the hopup sets.

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got my stepsons Vsr clone apart today to rebuild it and tried the barrel swap. No they arent a match. The threads arent the same and the M28 has a very slightly larger diameter barrel. As for these fluted barrels supposedly being lighter,that only in real steel cause the Vsr barrels are super thin and the fluted ones are thick, way thick! the grooves are the only thin spots so its quadruple the thickness except the grooves.

M28 on the top, Mb03 on the bottom.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.