Well, here are some pictures of me using my almost finished product:

So far I've only done a few upgrades to it, here they are:
HK-51 Outer Barrel
3500 mAh 9.6v Battery
Madbull M120 Spring
Madbull 6.03 Tightbore (455 mm)
Modify Aluminum Piston Head
7mm Bushing Spring Guide

Right now she's pushing 440 FPS with a .2g bb. I shoot .28's out of it with no compaints, soon I'll be putting a 7mm gearbox in it with a PDI 270% spring. She'll be shooting somewhere in the 500's when I'm done, at least sniper distance. But here are a few pictures of eye candy, by the way, I'm on the bottom right of the team picture if you couldn't tell.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Isn't this the sort version of a G3?

I think a better start should be a G3SG1 based AEG

An SP130 Spring in theory put you around 420 FPS with a .20
If you went to An M150, you're up to 490 FPS with a .20.
the m170 puts you around 550 FPS

In my opnion, your best option is a systema mecha-box set like this...
http://www.uncompany.com/pageproductdetails.asp?prodid=9149

You get a Systema magnum motor, MOSFET conversion, max torque gears, all assembled and ready to drop in. (except for a G3 specific selector plate quirk, but Ill help you with that)
the only down side is the systema red piston in it. you will need a full metal tooth piston (I use a deepfire in my G3 with systema M120 mecha-box).

If you need a Bi-Pod, I have one Ill sell you CHEAP ;)
Best of luck, and have fun
(moved to "Long Range AEG's")

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well here is exactly the things I am getting as far as internals speak:
Modify Bore Up Cylinder Kit
Modify Cylinder Set
Guarder Infinite Torque-up Gears
Guarder Enhanced Gear box Ver2 7mm
Modify Aluminum Piston Head
Modify Ver2 Spring Guide
HK51 outer barrel 227mm length
Systema M140 Spring
Hummer 1300 Long 2 ball bearing hand wound motor

After I do all that work on the internals I plan on getting:
200 MM silencer by Madbull
509 MM 6.03 tightbore M16A1 inner barrel
Claw mounts
4X32 scope sighted at 75 yards

Then after all that is done I'm getting a giant 1 piece barrel packed with foam to go over all the outer workings from the RIS to the start of the silencer and I'll have a custom engraving that reads:
"Mosin ~ Counter-Sniper"
"Team R.A.G.E."
"Recon Airsoft Goes Elite"

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If anyone wants to pitch in some things like ideas to make this gun be that much better all input is appreciated. I think for giggles Op-Doc is going to put a M203 Grenade launcher on the left side of my RIS for when kids get too close for this gun to shoot at them :)

Any ideas no matter how crazy they are will be taken into consideration, this is a project gun just to show the few people who didn't think I could turn a high RoF beast into a long range sniper rifle and anything that anyone can think of that will help accomplish this goal will be taken into consideration, Thanks everyone :)

-Mosin

·
Registered
283 Posts
Please, I don't care if you do anything else, but please don't stick a M203 on it, just don't.

I think it will look cool with the longer version barrel you can get for these guns, also I would invest in the PSG-1 stock, make it look more interesting.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I've already dropped some money on the internals, also I've gotten the Claw Mount as well as a Bi Pod and a Scope on there. I still need a 227 mm outer barrel and a 509mm 6.03 tightbore and some more stuff as far as internals speak. I'll post pictures once it's how I want it to "Look" but I'm saving for a ghillie suit right now so I can't really buy more internal stuff until that's taken care of.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I believe that all the G3 series rifles, are compatible with each other. So that would mean you can use the PSG-1 stock and mag with this gun.
basically, only thing is that the PSG-1 has diferant style internals (everything is a bit longer it seems), and the reciever is a lot diferant.
Very true. the PSG1 uses a different upper and lower receiver, and mechbox.

If you're going to buy a new stock, consider an MSG90 style stock. It will give you more room for a larger battery.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I thought I might as well update this, I've done some upgrades, but not all. As money for me isn't steady or promising (I don't have a job) I had forgotten to take that into moderation and thus I've changed a few things, so far I've mounted a scope on it and I've got it sighted in at 50 Yards, I bought a Madbull 120 spring which gaurentees less wear after 10,000 rounds and other new technology crap. But I also purchased a Version 3 spring guide and aluminum piston head. My next upgrades will be a modify cylinder kit/set and a 509mm 6.03 Systema Tightbore as well as a HK-51 227 mm outer barrel.

I'll post pictures up sometime before Friday of what it looks like now, but for those who are interested in the FPS I did the coke can test and it pierced clean through the bottom and put a small slit in the top. I then placed it on a crono and it was saying 435 is what it's doing. Also as of right now I'm hitting targets 60 Yards away within 2-3 shots which isn't bad for as little as I've done to it. All in all I've only dropped around $20 into it and I took it from shooting 235 FPS to 435. I know there is some wear and tear on the gearbox but I plan getting a new gearbox shell with 7mm bushings. I'll post more as it comes along, thanks for all the ideas.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm sorry, I've been lazy on pictures. My camera is broke as well, so I can't really get them up. I did put the HK-51 outer barrel and run a 455mm tightbore through it. She looks pretty sexy right now, I just need some PSG-01 mags.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.