Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
This is my first post after introduction. So I was waiting for the rifle to arrive. As it was very hard to find a new rifle, I decided to go for the used one. After some time I found the candidate in UK. After solving the shipping and customs problems, rifle came to it's new home :) Let's start with two pictures:

Just to make it clear, I knew what I was getting into with buying the used rifle.

The biography of the rifle is unknown. All i can see from looking is:

1. It has G&G Steel Fluted Barrel
2. Spartan Doctorine VSR HopUp Conversion
3. Cheek rest is missing ( a bit too obvious ? )

Also, I got all the stock parts with it.

Ok, first thing I tried is to fill the mag, It went ok. At that time I noticed that a piece is missing or is it ?

As you can see, it looks like the impact plate is missing. I have read somewhere ( or I might have just misunderstood ) that G&G Plunger set (THIS) eliminates need for impact plate.

So I went with testing the rifle. Tried it first without bb's and it all went ok, small hsssh of gas was heard. Loaded few bb's and tried again and here starts with the problems. First it wouldn't fire, you would here click from the mechanical part of the rifle but no gas and if the rifle was tilted down bb would just roll out. After few tries it started to fire. Still not good on chrono it would measure about 100 fps.

So i came here to read. I found the few things that can be a problem, impact plate missing, striker that pushes the impact plate and sear ( still don't really now what is that part )

Now the questions :
1. How to check what is, of the fore mentioned parts, making this problem ? 2. Where to buy a new cheek rest ?
3. Bolt is loose during the cooking procedure ( moves up and down ) is this normal ?
4. Does outer ( G&G Steel Fluted barrel ) comes with inner barrel ? Or original is modified to fit Spartan Doctorine ?

I am planing on disassembling it, so if anything is to be paid attention please say :) Just to give it a nice cleaning and checking.

Also I plan to upgrade it with a few ideas, for durability (King Arms or G&G Spring and mag parts ) and few for range and accuracy ( LRB, co2 rig, ER Hop ).

Sorry for bad photo quality. I had to take pictures with my phone. I borrowed my camera to a friend.

Thanks and hope to have it running in no time

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Well you are missing a screw on your mag as well, and yes you do need that impact plate.

Check and see if all the rubbers are there in the rifle, and make sure that the bucking isn't buggered up. I always take any rifle all the way down to the nuts and bolts and inspect everything. You don't want to be in the middle of a game and have something go wrong.

When you get her appart post some pics up here and we will help where we can.

·
Registered
16 Posts
In my opinion you don't need the impact plate because it seems to be that it has the g&g plunger installed in the mag.

What comes to the low fps, the first thing i would do is that if you have the pre-ban bolt, you propably should check that the p.c.s. valve isn't too open which can cause the low fps. I think that it is ideal to have the valve open about 75-80 % max.

And it is normal that the bolt feels a bit loose when cocking the gun. When you take the gun apart, please take some pictures from the bolt and especially the trigger mech, because a worn trigger sear isn't so uncommon.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
I have always put that knocker plate back in, just to be sure. That and it will give you a bit more gas through the rifle each shot as well ;) ( Being as there is more material between the striker and the gas valve. But that is just me though.

If he found a PCS rifle then he struck gold :D

But more than likely it is something stupid simple man. I have done that to many of my rifles, and it only turned out to be a bolt or something was over tightened.

·
Registered
16 Posts
That's weird because I was unable to use the mag if it had the impact plate and the g&g plunger.

One more possible reason for the low fps popped up to my mind: it might well be the striker spring guide inside the bolt might not be well tightened. But anyway, take the gun apart and check everything, it's propably something very simple :)

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
I could have sworn that the plate was still on there after I installed all of the mag parts.

But heck it has been a while since I had mine, it could have been that way Jugi.

hmmmmm...

·
Administrator
6,145 Posts
You don't need the impact plate as noted above as the G&G plunger is installed, the plunger is made of steel while the stock from pot metal. If a steel sear(valve knocker) isn't install then the stock sear will wear much faster.

My guess is that you might need to adjust the sear engagement via the 3 screws on the trigger group.
You can easily check this if you engage the safety before you push forward the bolt, you'll see then how much will be the fps.

Check to see if it works...

Here's a diagram about the screws

Also I haven't seen a spare Tanaka cheek rest, I don't know if you can fit one from another brand L96.

Wolf

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Back from the dead. I know this topic was left for too long. I apologize about that. I was away and in some more important work. So, now I am back at my original project.

As CheesMan is too busy and not accepting any work. Can anyone recommend me someone else who can make me LRB ?

M700 is not yet fully operational but will work on it in next few weeks and will update as soon as some progress is made.

I apologize if I break any rules in reviving this topic.

·
Administrator
6,145 Posts
Well I don't know if HunterSeeker5 is taking on projects...
Ask Cheese man if he guide you while you making it!

Wolf

1 - 9 of 9 Posts