Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,

this is my new project - M700 AICS Tanaka with CO2 rig and some upgrade.

This thread could be useful for those who want to make their own co2 rig.

Base:
M700 AICS Tanaka without fps regulation

Original upgrade parts:
G&G striker spring
G&G sealing
Some new springs inside mag G&G (not power-up set)
Ra-Tech 75 degrees hop-up rubber

Custom upgrade parts:
EdGi 6.00mm 590mm Barrel
Custom made hop-up unit
Custom made nozzle
Custom upgraded original striker (in a few months I´m going to replace it´s part with better steel.

CO2 rig:
AKA 2 liter dual regulator
Macrohose (cutted)
1/8 Fitting Straight Male/Male
1/8" Elbow 45D Nickel Plated
Gauge 300psi Carbon Series
Macrohose Elbow 90° Swivel
Macrohose Fitting Straight
2x Tank Adapter /A5
25mm scope ring (modified)

Accessories:
3 point sling (I have to buy a hard one, as sling for m249
M3 50mm optics

Mounted CO2 rig to optics (base)

Custom made hop-up unit (steel)

Edgi Barrel

Ra-tech hop-up rubber

Tanaka bolt (modified striker, g&g striker spring, g&g sealing, custom made nozzle)

Harris bipod (new coupling)

Harrris bipod (rubber between bipod and gun)

Mounted CO2 rig

Mounted CO2 rig

Mounted CO2 rig (modified co2 bottle adapter - new hole for a gauge)

Mounted CO2 rig

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Hop-up unit made my friend from I. Airsoftová prodejna, it´s made of steel with milling cutter, saw, cutting machine and some files.

I´ve just tested muzzle velocity with 1shot per 1-1,5s (wanted to try how the regulator fast is with evening up of pressure), deviation was about +- (1-2) m/s and that is awesome. Aka 2 liter regulator cost like 1/3 of Palmer and works the same, maybe better. I wanted to try this regulator, because almost no one use it.

And actual picture with my tacticool shoes :-D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Next planned steps:
Muzzle velocity, consistency test at 20C
Muzzle velocity, consistency test at about -5C (freezer)

Accuracy tests with 0,43g BLS bullets (I´ll probably use 0.40g bullets for roughly hit - setting optics and hop-up), distance 70-100m.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update:

After problems at shooting range with accuracy - I thought it could be turned barrel, trajectory wasn´t straight... I had to change the whole chamber and hop-up unit.

For those, who are interester into buying new chamber conversion, you can buy Spartan´s one on redwolf:
Spartan Doctrine Chamber Conversion Kit for Tanaka M700 / A.I.C.S. / M40A1 - Buy airsoft Accessories online from RedWolf Airsoft

And a new hop-up rubber:
Nine Ball Wide Use Air Seal Hop Up Rubber Chamber for Marui VSR-10/G17/G18/Hi Capa/P226 and other Marui Handguns - Buy airsoft Accessories online from RedWolf Airsoft

After some more testing with spartan chamber conversion and nineball hop-up bucking, I´m still not satisfied with accuracy.

So next steps I´am willing to do:
Install ra-tech (Maple Leaf 75° hop rubber - similar shape and surface as R-hop)

Take gun, tools and some other hop-up rubbers to shooting range (150m long tunnel) and test both hop-up rubbers (accuracy test with firing at 75/80m distant target)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hi, just a quick dumb question :) Any reason you're not trying out IR-Hop's or its substitute (I read somewhere that it's supposed to handle temperature changes of gas guns better)? Or is the 75° maple leaf works the same way/better?

Sent from my GT-N5100

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They are made primarily for kjw guns, which have different chamber housings. I wasn´t able to find how to fix them into tanaka m700 aics...

IR hop would be better than ra-tech. I build long range sr-25 which will be er/r/z/ir hopped (still not sure, what option I´ll use)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
New results:
Tanaka hop up chamber housing, Spartan conversion hop-up conversion, Ra-Tech 75° rubber, rig set at 205m/s, 0,43g black BLS BB´s
Better performance - I was able to hit a human target at 75m without longer testing with a target.
Ra-tech hop up rubbers have similar profile inside as R-hop, which is much better, than nineball´s standart.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Some news:
After I found out what caused problems with my reg - pressure was still increasing, which caused piston ring to break and destroyed pressure gauge as well. I was able to get new o rings and repair this problem.
I also changed all paintball parts for proffesional ones.
Another problem was caused by broken hammer spring , I had to make one of another not genuine spring.
Now I´m able to hit a human target at 85m with 8-9/10 success

This performance is caused by 6.00mm EDGI barrel and special hop-up rubber with the same shape as Rhop

·
Registered
150 Posts
Must ask, why 6.00mm barrel? I've read that bigger inner diameter is better for accuracy, have you tried something like a pdi 6.05mm barrel?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.