Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres the short version of this....

I have a KJW M700. I want to upgrade it. What parts and such should I get for it. But I refuse to tap it for HPA. It is not the takedown version and I do not care about the fps. My budget is a couple hundred at absloute max.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
This should be in the Tanaka sub section, as it is a Tanaka clone. So I am sure a mod will move this topic shortly.

There are also a few topics already talking about how you upgrade these rifles.

If you REFUSE to tap for HPA then you might as well sell the rifle, and look at getting a spring rifle. That would be like getting a Porsche with a blown out motor and refusing to put in a high performance motor, but instead put in a Geo Metro 3 banger!

If you want to get all you can out of your rifle you are going to have to tap it for either HPA or Co2. There are no if ands or butts about it. Because you can do all the possible mods to the rifle, but if it wont shoot consistently you have accomplished nothing.

·
Registered
909 Posts
This should be in the Tanaka sub section, as it is a Tanaka clone. So I am sure a mod will move this topic shortly.

There are also a few topics already talking about how you upgrade these rifles.

If you REFUSE to tap for HPA then you might as well sell the rifle, and look at getting a spring rifle. That would be like getting a Porsche with a blown out motor and refusing to put in a high performance motor, but instead put in a Geo Metro 3 banger!

If you want to get all you can out of your rifle you are going to have to tap it for either HPA or Co2. There are no if ands or butts about it. Because you can do all the possible mods to the rifle, but if it wont shoot consistently you have accomplished nothing.
Very well said; I don't understand why some of these people hate HPA so much. The whole "realism" response is BS also because I've seen tons of very low profile rigs.

·
Registered
184 Posts

I have to disagree with this statement...Have you actually owned a fully upgraded tanaka or is this just internet her say.
Ive owned 3 that have all shot nearly as well as any spring rifle I've seen or used. Only one of them was rigged to co2 and didn't stay on that long as I cheaper out on the rig.

Yes they are a little bit more inconsistent that a well tuned vsr but not by much.The only downside is the fps variance and the fps doesn't actually vary that much after the initial shot(thats always higher),maby a 10fps variance across 10 shot.
Maby a lot of us tune our rifles to a lot less but the vast majority do not, so how can you say that this is not worth using unless attached to a rig.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Yes yes I have, I have had 5 totally upgraded tanakas.

I can say that because if you don't have the consistency from shot to shot you won't be accurate at all. Why put all the time money and effort if your shots will not be within +/- 1 fps? That is the reason most people use a gas rifle. And to get a variation of 10fps is fairly crummy, that would mean if you were shooting 550 fps you would shoot anywhere from 540-560 fps. And at distance your shots will be all over the place!

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
Way back when they first came out I got a Kjw Mk1 carbine. That sucker shot hard as all heck. The consistancy was garbage though. I couldnt do much to it to make it better. I used co2 once and that was sweet but it was empty with one shot. But it was one heck of a shot,lol.. I dont care for gas rifles cause of the difference in output and I cant use it in the winter here. I know nothing of the Tanaka or the Kjw m700. I was going to get one years ago before the Hpa came out but it was a terrible rifle I was told my lots of people. Then the Hpa came out and it was an immediate ban from most forums if it was even mentioned. I was considered too dangerous and we werent alowed to talk about it. I considered doing the conversion but there wasnt much online for instructions so I just never did. I have seen some Hpa set ups on the M700 and they reported getting major accurate shots and very high fps! One dude said he could hit 9 out of 10 headshots at 500ft using 40's But he also said his rifle was shooting 700 fps roughly. I liked the idea of that in a way but at this time, that hpa wasnt legal at any games. It would have been pointless to have. Do places let you use them in games now? If so that might be something I would consider getting sometime then. I obviously dont want or need that high of fps though,lol.. Low 400's is where I like to be.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Sorry if I sounded like I was being a d*ck about it.But i still disagree with your statement even if you have owned them. Having a 10fps variance and having a rifle that should just be binned is a totally different thing.

As I said 90% of people that use a bolt action are not like us, in the fact that we are anal about having the best tolerances, fps variance and best ammo.

Most guns even when upgraded rarely have a variance of 1fps and I would say a lot are worse than 10fps but still people use them happily and get plenty of kills.

My tanaka may have a variance of 10fps but I have not problem hitting a target at 80m 8 out of 10 shots.
There are so many variables with bb guns that fps variance isn't the only problem.BB weight variance can make just as big a difference and even the best bbs have variances,in weight and size..So do you hand pick all your bbs to be the exact size and weight as each other,I think not.

I use a gas rifle not for the best accuracy as I know my vsr will preform slightly better, i use it as its more of a joy to use,there quiet and minimal bolt movement helps a lot in concealment.

As for HPA, I would definitely advise getting one, as it will improve the rifle greatly.I would expect that a lot less sites would have a problem with it now a days as long as you can be trusted not to mess with it mid game.Here in the UK its still very much un used.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Ok then, I guess I will tap it for HPA. So then do you have any air rigs/tanks in mind that would well?
You can get a pre-made rig from a guy over on classic airsoft, or the Palmer's website has some that are pre-made. If you want to make it more custom then you can just buy everything separate and put it together. For the tanks, just any old CO2 or HPA tank will work fin.

·
Administrator
6,264 Posts
I've upgrade 2 of my M700 and 3-4 others, so far I haven't use on any of these an external rig.
The main reason I haven't done it is the fact that I leave 100km away of the nearest refill station. My current gun has ~15 fps fluctuation, it's not good but it does my job decently. I really don't want to do anything on the gun cause everytime I work on it something breaks! I may do a CO2 rig at some point but not now.

Wolf

·
Registered
909 Posts
Your also going to need to double your budget, as a rig and tank will probably set you back a few hundred dollars. Theres no point in going HPA if you don't have a rifle that going to shoot well on it.
They're not too bad. You can get a nice pre-made rig from Palmer's that comes with a CO2 tank for $180. I'm sure you could make a cheaper one with a different regulator and cheaper fittings/line/gauge though.

·
Registered
909 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.