Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got an M99 as per the sale thread on this forum.

The rifle started off with a Snow Wolf M99 rifle. I am not going to do a review of the rifle at this point. If you guys want one let me know and I can do a quick one for you guys.

I had some spare parts laying around, so I figured why not try and make something new out of this rifle. I found that the Aero Chamber NEO for the APS2 works in the rifle. I also got a PDI 6.01 G-Spec inner barrel to fit in the rifle as well.

I was then thinking about the fact that the NEO chamber fits in the rifle, so why not the barrel from my old MK96? So I grabbed it and did a test fit.... and it fits!! Well the outer barrel needed a little bit of sanding, got it to fit so the nozzle fits just nicely inside the hop chamber. Just by replacing the outer barrel, this rifle has lost a TON of weight. It weighs now close to a VSR I would say.

I am planning on doing some more tweaking to it, just to see what can come up with.

Well this is what I have as of yet. I am planning on doing a few other fun things with her as well. Hope you guys like.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HE HE HE I am really liking this rifle.

And I am guessing that I will probably end up selling it, so I can work on another rifle.

I think all of the rifles that I have made and worked on, I have sold them all. So just wait and you may have the chance to get it

·
Registered
445 Posts
woogie said:
HE HE HE I am really liking this rifle.

And I am guessing that I will probably end up selling it, so I can work on another rifle.

I think all of the rifles that I have made and worked on, I have sold them all. So just wait and you may have the chance to get it
That's how it works, sell one to make a new one, I know how it is. Well I can't wait to see what you do to it, and if I like it a lot maybe when you do sell it, I will be the first to offer you something

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Woogie, you should start your own business or something. You have a talent for making some pretty cool rifles.

Looking forward to the final results of this project, good luck.

And...that coca cola looks pretty good right now...I just gave up soda, and that pic tempts me. :-/

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I keep giving up coke as well...... but I keep going back :(

I go though it like water, espically when I am building.

Heck if you want a rifle customized, send me your rifle and let me know what you want done. I am sure we can come up with something.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
I'll get back to you on that one. Maybe in the future when/if I get a vsr-10, might have you do some work on it. ;) Something along the lines of what you did to your G-spec a little while back.

And if you want to quit drinking the stuff, stop taking sexy pics of it... ::)

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
LOL ..... yeah yeah yeah.

You talking the really short guy? I can do that fairly quick for ya. Can get a nice stock mod for you as well ;)

Just let me know man. If you supply the rifle and parts, I can do it. Or if you want a build, can put together a price list, and go from there.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
I was referring to the "short guy" before it was so short. I believe you had it at the original length of the G-Spec (for a little while) with a real nice paint job on it. Something I would be interested in.

Anyways, when can we expect some more updates on this rifle?

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I could do that for ya Fuzzy...

Well when ever I get some parts for her, and some time to work with it. You forget.... I have a full time job, 60 hours a week, guard drill, and my wife, and a house to take care of. So I have a bit to do all the time.

*EDIT*

Well the bi-pod on this beast adds quite a bit of weight to her. So I removed the mounts for it, they look like shark fins. Ground the surface rust off of it and sized up the holes for two sling studs. Had to drill out the holes just a little bit, but made it work, and then put a nut on the other side. Snug her up and she is good to go now with the Harris installed.

I found some allen bolts that work to hold the suppressor to the outer barrel. Just made some holes in the PVC pipe and then some matching holes in the outer barrel. Yes I said holes in the outer barrel. Screwed them through the PVC and then into the outer barrel, this combo I have found holds the suppressor to the outer barrel, and also make it really easy to center it on the rifle.

Found a part that will work as the end of the suppressor. So have that curing on the end right now, when done looking at getting some foam inside. Planning on getting some wax and doing that mod to really stabilize the inner barrel.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well got some more done on the rifle. Had to get away from trying to fix my house :(

I took the fangs off of the front of the rifle, they were for the original bi pod. Found some swivel studs, and got them to fit on the stock. So now I can use one of my many harris pods.

Before anyone says anything ....... No I didn't cut the fluted outer barrel. So don't worry none, it is still sitting on my work bench. I was able to get the original barrel from my old MK96 to fit. And as a side note I have another MK96 coming in here this week and am planning on fitting the barrett barrel to the 96 ;)

Found some PVC pipe that fit nicely inside the frame of the rifle. Used some basic allen bolts to affix it to the outer barrel. The bolts go through the outer barrel, to not only center it, but to also holds it firmly to the rifle.

I have some new sears coming for the rifle, as well as some other goodies ;)

I must say, this thing is rock solid and very very sturdy. Have taken a few shots with her with some of the internals that I have here, and all I can say is wow. You boys better bring your A game when it comes to our little competition ;)

And now for some pics.... Not sure what style I like more.

Long..

OR.....

Short..

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I am looking now at doing some pinstripe on the rifle for a camo ;)

And have also been thinking about taking all of the black off of it and putting a nice mirror finish on her. Make her more of a fun gun than anything

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Heck this has been more of a project rifle.

So I am thinking about making it look chrome, and use it as a target rifle.

*EDIT*

Well have had a few people pm me about wanting to buy the rifle already. I am planning on taking the paint off of the barrel, and putting that on the L96 that I am getting.

So if anyone would like to pm me with a few offers, just let me know. I am going to get the rifle tweaked a little more and get her shooting great. So let me know.
This will also be going to the sale thread as well..... when I get it done.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.