Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone on youtube has stolen my name and is making airsoft grenades out of baloons!!!!!
And he has the same gun as me, but worse.
Does anyone think I have a case for name theft?

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Give us a link to your channel and his so we can see it's court potential. on the current amount of info I would say no unless this person is making money off of it or is interfering with you in anyother way then trolling. This is coming from a 16 year old though.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Nope..... it isn't a copy-righted name... so nothing you can do.

Just like everyone named Bob..... they can't sue eachother for having the same name.

And if they are making the same thing that you are making, you shouldn't have put it on the web ;)

·
Registered
807 Posts
woogie said:
And if they are making the same thing that you are making, you shouldn't have put it on the web ;)
Yeah.... the internet is considered public domain... so if there is something you have a really good idea about, don't post it on the internet... unless you have a pending patent on it/copyright at the very least.

I have seen forums (mainly DIY forums) go to war about things like this. 99% of the time it ends in bad blood and bitterness because someone took someone elses idea that they posted in good faith and patented it and made a business on someone elses ideas, but there was nothing they could do about it.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Name theft huh. ::) Well I definatly think you should sue and put it on national T.V. so I can watch.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.