Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into buying an inner barrel for my jg bar 10. I am stuck between the two.

Both are 6.03 and about the same price.
The mad bull is very well know, but i would have to cut and recrown it to 430mm.It is also made of aluminum.

The Lonex is precut to 430mm and steel but i can't find many forums of actually comparing the two.

I have read posts where people say they like their barrels, but only 1 that actually compares the two. I will be going with mad bull most likely but i want an opinion of someone who has owned both.

· Registered
249 Posts
Uh, I own a Lonex. Warning: be prepared to burn a can of silicone oil to clean it when "new" and is never clean. I used the traditional cleaning method like 50+ times and there's still black stuff in it. I gave up on it. So now it's sitting somewhere in my room, completely neglected and forgotten until this thread showed up. Also! The hop window is microscopic; only works with lonex buckings. I rhop the barrel and the performance was crap.
I have a madbull barrel in my pistol and that thing is underpriced. It's super smooth and somewhat solid. (Somewhat solid, because it's aluminum).

If those two brands are your only choices, then you know which one is my recommendation.

Edit: I also cut and crowned the Madbull barrel. It is very easy compared to other materials.

· Registered
838 Posts
I bought lonex inner barrel for AEG ( M4A1 = 363mm ). first weird same with DiLLSS, it look never "clean" , after 5-6 cleans, I gaveup, just take as much tiny dust in inner as I can. I'm using lonex bucking too ( 70D ), it shoot great.
on WGC the price seem cheaper than madbull. Not sure at other site.

final : it's seem good barrel, but not sure it better or worse than madbull.

· Registered
4,152 Posts
I've never tried lonex on the other hand, but madbull are pretty damn good barrels. I've got two of them and I can't be happier with mine.

Why do you need to cut it? I bet if you use a 455mm barrel and put an adapter + muzzle brake on it, you'll cover the excess 25mm. It's how I fit my 509mm barrel in a 500mm rifle, just the 14mm CCW adapter already covers it, with the muzzle brake on I'm confident you'd cover the extra 16mm as well :)

If they're the same price, I'd go with madbull, especially considering the previous two posts ;)

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
as for cutting, the barrel is at 517 (evike) and i need about 430. True the 455 would have probably fit with my flash hider, but i will also use a tracer unit and can't have the inner barrel in that.

· Registered
4,152 Posts
Depends on how far it can stick in I'd say, it's like 1.5cm, max, it might work.

But if it won't fit, well, then it simply won't fit :hehe:

But it's worth considering I'd say :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.