Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
recently traded for a Custom made gas L96, and 2 of my mags, once inserted, are hard to remove. The back of them gets stuck, and I have to remove my gloves and tug and pull onto one, and the other I had to rip out with channel locks and a screwdriver for leverage. I was told to oil them, but that didn't seem to do much with silicone oil.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I had this problem with my gun, but mine is a springer L96 (UTG). Not sure if you can do what I did, but I took some files and filed down the rear little "engagement" nub thing that helps the gun latch onto the mag.

Basically, I filed down the back my mags so they'd fit better. But, seeing as you have gas, I don't know if it will work, or if you have the same type of mags or mag catch system as me.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Well, go ahead and try and find where the magwell is "grabbing" the magazine and preventing it from releasing. You said that the back of the magazine is getting stuck in the magwell? Try scraping some material off the back of the magazine where the magwell grabs the magazine.

I had this problem, and that was enough to fix it.

·
Registered
951 Posts
check your mags for rub marks, and match them with the magwell. Slowly and easily take material off of either the magwell or mags. If its only 2 out of more mags, alter the mags. If its all the mags, alter the magwell.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I had the same issue with my E1 M28. I discovered the hop-up wasn't aligned with the barrel slots, and had to carefully grind/file down the points of interference. Seems any airsoft gun from any manufacturer will require tweaking and customizations to function correctly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.