Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Make an introduction post, its a rule!

15K views 26 replies 10 participants last post by  ~Ranger~ 
I WAS going to make a snarky intro post about mandatory intro posts but this thread gave me a better opportunity: The vast majority of the hard rules of grammar in english are actually not rules at all but rather some random busybody's personal preferences. Starting a sentence with "and" is one of the most well known faux-rules that actually comes from what's basically a rant in an old time Miss Manners column.

The so-called Split Infinitive is another nonexistant rule that's actually the fastest way to loudly broadcast an absolute ignorance of the basic nature of the English language: Infinitives are already split. They were a single word in LATIN, complaining about splitting them in English is just plain wrong.

That being said I'm one of the marksmen in a team specializing in marksmanship and reconnaissance, we usually provide NPC actors to local events in line with that specialty or where some actual acting is required. We have no real set uniform and every player chooses their own loadout, often hand-sewn or hacked out of other items because we're all poor college students, but aesthetically and functionally it winds up working out anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.