Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Make an introduction post, its a rule!

15K views 26 replies 10 participants last post by  ~Ranger~ 
#1 · (Edited)
I know this sounds lame to some of the new members here.

Its a rule though, its mainly so we can all get to know one another etc..
Some mods are more serious about intro posts than others and so on.

All you have to do is just say hi, mention your weapon, maybe show us a pic "pic not mandatory"

But just mention a little about yourself, basically just introduce yourself,lol..

It will save you from getting hounded, and told to go post an intro! :tup:

I wanna welcome you to our forum, and let you know, were a very good group of people here. "Unless you dont make an intro post,hahaha"

If you have ANY questions about airsoft etc... Please dont hesitate to ask, most of us here live for helping others.

We only ask a few simple things of you.

Proper spelling and punctuation. Yeah shit happens and we all forget to put a period or dot an I. Just make sure to use proper English, and make sense.

I would like to be able to reply to all of your intro posts and welcome you, but sometimes its pretty hard to do, so I am saying welcome to you all here and now.

WELCOME TO OUR FORUM, ENJOY YOUR STAY, AND PLEASE FOLLOW THE RULES. :tup:

We have some VERY knowledgable members here and we are more than willing to help.

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Really? Thanks Wolf! I will leave it up to others to decide if its worth a sticky. I just know we have been having a good number of new members lately and we come off as rude when we hound em about intro posts. Although it is a rule, people may get the wrong idea about us.

I feel bad when I cant actually reply to everyones intro's and I kinda stopped trying cause we get a wave of them all at once and it became sorta overwhelming,lol.. So I figured I would just ramble on for a few minutes..

I guess we could even just introduce staff a little too while I'm at it. I know my intro is buried by now.

#4 ·
I'm Ranger..

Pet peaves are, misspelled words, rude people and cats.hahaha..

I'm a good guy deep down but I can be a "beeeeeep" on certain days.
Mainly when my back hurts or when the wife gets on me for all my boxes of parts or guns laying around.. "damn wives" lol..

Likes.. well, I shouldnt mention I like boobies so I wont mention that.. But I like pretty sniper rifles, and Ak's.

And I like long walks in the park,hahaha.. I'm a good guy, just ask me anytime, I will vouch for me.

#8 ·
Propper spelling and punctuation...make sure to use propper English, and make sense.
It's ironic because you didn't spell proper correctly. ;)

#11 ·
A person who's obsessed in correcting grammar mistakes made by others. :D Usually you do not find any mistakes from their writings either. USUALLY. ;)

Reactions: ~Ranger~
#20 ·
Hahahahaha!

As for being a Grammar Nazi, I'm not all that bad. I think I used to be worse, but I get yelled at for correcting grammar around the house. Sometimes I just feel like I'm going to explode when the wife or her family member mispronounce words etc.. I know my spelling skills have dropped in the last year though.. Its like I just cant remember how to spell certain things,hahaha..

#24 ·
I WAS going to make a snarky intro post about mandatory intro posts but this thread gave me a better opportunity: The vast majority of the hard rules of grammar in english are actually not rules at all but rather some random busybody's personal preferences. Starting a sentence with "and" is one of the most well known faux-rules that actually comes from what's basically a rant in an old time Miss Manners column.

The so-called Split Infinitive is another nonexistant rule that's actually the fastest way to loudly broadcast an absolute ignorance of the basic nature of the English language: Infinitives are already split. They were a single word in LATIN, complaining about splitting them in English is just plain wrong.

That being said I'm one of the marksmen in a team specializing in marksmanship and reconnaissance, we usually provide NPC actors to local events in line with that specialty or where some actual acting is required. We have no real set uniform and every player chooses their own loadout, often hand-sewn or hacked out of other items because we're all poor college students, but aesthetically and functionally it winds up working out anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.