Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, have you also experienced air seal problems with the new Autobot or Mr.Hop 2021 (silicone) buckings?
Autobot 60 degree 2020 bucking has a perfect seal with my SSG10 but i am losing so much air with the 2021 versions.
Any comments or solutions (besides the Teflon tape pls)?

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Is the cylinder valve going as far into the bucking as it can?

That sounds like a really bad air seal, either revert to the 2020 version or maybe goop/silicone the bucking to prevent air escaping.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am checking the 2020 vs 2021 comparison with the same setup, same barrel, same cylinder head =) Very interestingly both 60 and 70 degree 2021 silicone rubbers are not holding the air...

·
Registered
325 Posts
The AEG ones I tried are abysmal.

60° rubber MR: very consistent 325 on 0.2s @0.9J with hop applied for a 0.28
60° silicone MR: 325, 270, 200, 140, 90, jam jam jam without any hop.

The setup was the same, same gun, same hop unit, same barrel, to eliminate every variable possible.

·
Registered
239 Posts
@Skara

I feel like the low joules might be part of the problem with comparison
Most of us state side are shooting 1.5 to 1.8 joules on AEG and 2.8 joules on springers

It's my understanding that tawain fields have numbers closer to ours than Japan

·
Registered
325 Posts
@Skara

I feel like the low joules might be part of the problem with comparison
Most of us state side are shooting 1.5 to 1.8 joules on AEG and 2.8 joules on springers

It's my understanding that tawain fields have numbers closer to ours than Japan
Could be, but it doesn't make much sense to me.
I am using rubber 60s and 70s without a single issue on 0.9J guns, silicone in theory is more grippy so shouldn't have any side effect at all.
I guess I got a lemon rubber, I did order two but never bothered trying the 2nd one :D I will once I sort out my CQB gun

The silicone Decepticon 60 in my AAP works absolutely fine though.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi.
I recently assembled a VSR build, with a 70 degree ML VSR bucking (2021 transparent silicone type), and the air seal was abysmal. After some analyzing and experimenting, it turned out that:
1) the cylinder head nozzle had perfect seal inside the bucking,
2) the bucking around the barrel leaked a lot.
I wound 4 layers of teflon tape around it and now the seal is perfect.

So... any reason why you don't want the teflon tape fix? Because in my case it worked and was really easy. (And I did it quickly and poorly, was in a hurry)

Alternative would be a "dental floss mod" - used to do that a lot on AEGs. But I wouldn't recommend it on VSR buckings as they are shorter.

Br, Gru

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
What outer barrel are you using?
Can you measure it with some calipers or a micrometer?

I have noticed that it isn't always the buckings fault, sometimes the barrel, as the standard barrel outer diameter (Tokyo Marui spec) is 8.55mm, while I've seen as small as 8.39mm, which will definitely give a horrible air seal without a huge wad of PTFE tape.

About the PTFE tape application, ALWAYS put it under the bucking, as it will just get pushed right off mid you have to push it into your chamber.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts