Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

Maple Leaf Autobot 2021 70 Degree and Maple Leaf Crazy Jet 470mm

2K views 26 replies 5 participants last post by  TannerGil 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey yall, First time poster! I currently have a SSG10 with a short outer barrel and Nov suppressor. I ordered a 470mm ML Crazy Jet barrel and ML 202l Autoobot 70 degree to swap out the stock shorter barrel and hop bucking. I also have a Tridos TDC installed as well as the Nov FPS rings. Currently I am getting right at 335 fps with .46s out of the stock configuration.

Questions:

1. Has anyone tried this combo before, and if so how did it go? Any recommendations?
2. What kind of FPS increase should I expect? I know a longer barrel will bump up the FPS slightly.
3. Did I make a mistake ordering the 70 degree 2021 Autobot Vs the 60 degree? I have heard a lot of conflicting input on which works better.

Thanks for any input! If I made any bone head decisions please go easy on me as this is my first SSG10/VSR10.

Camouflage Military camouflage Ballistic vest Cargo pants Military uniform

See less See more
#2 ·
That's a lil long imo, but it shouldn't hurt anything too much.

I don't know what spring you've got, sounds like the M100, but what BBs are you using?

70° 2021 Autobot is the best bucking I've ever used, and I've tried a LOT. 60° normal Autobot isn't actually that good in my experience.

#9 ·
Yeah true. Have you had experience with the Crazy jet and 2021 Autobot combo? I really like that its the same manufacturer for fitting. I know that there are nicer barrels out there but the crazy jet seems to have a pretty positive outlook.

I had bought a x range bucking and installed it on the stock barrel but learned the hard way that it needs a larger window. Ripped the rubber after the first mag.

#18 ·
In my experience a mid price stainless barrel that doesn't look horrible inside will perform alright. Not to my standards of alright, but to your average airsofter. You see little serious improvement when then getting a Lambda, PDI, or any other barrel save for an EdGi. Where the biggest improvement is to be seen is in lapping, which is essentially what is done to EdGi barrels and why they are so good.
This can be done at home for quite little money and I have a guide, and can make a stock barrel perform better than most any you can buy.

As for the Crazy Jet, I'm fairly certain that ML makes the SSG10 barrel as it's priced like one of theirs, and he definitely uses a Maple Leaf in the SSX23 as it's got their name on it. It isn't a Crazy Jet, but there's never been substantial evidence on if it really does anything, so you could just get the longer inner from him.

Another barrel that is slept on is Action Army, they compare very similarly to a CJ, if not the same or a lil better, so I'd suggest one of them if you can get one. If you do get one, I'd recommend that you get a 6.01 as it'll get you a decent bit more power.

#26 ·
So I received the bucking and barrel today. First impressions are that they are quality parts. The bucking fit the barrel really well.

Installed them and used some Teflon tape. Everything fit well with no real issues. After chronoing, it's averaging right around 360 fps/ 2.6-2.7J. This is close to where I want it but I'm wanting it to stay consistent closer to 2.6j.

Shooting out at about 100 ft, it is shooting super flat and consistent. Going to zero at 200 tomorrow and see if I can reach out and touch 300.

So far very pleased.

#27 · (Edited)
Alright so for those who are actually still paying attention to this thread lol,

I set up two silhouette targets. One target at 200 foot and another at 250 feet. I was using a foam block to balance the front of the gun in a prone position and shooting Nov .46s. My SSG is using a Tridos TDC with the silver "nub" that comes with the TDC and is connected to the stock SSG10 hop up. Obviously, I was using my new ML Autobot 70 Degree and the 470mm ML Crazy Jet barrel.

I zeroed the gun at the 200 foot range as that is my norm. It took a while due to having to zero the both the TDC and the optic.

Results:

After everything was zeroed, I was hitting 9.5 out of 10 shots on the 200 foot target. Most of the shots were center mass where I was aiming and within a 6 inch diameter. The only issues I had were randomly flyers that went right. After my first round of shooting I actually went back and re-installed the Rubber on the barrel (including Teflon) and the barrel in the hop unit. This seemed to help the issue a good amount but I still get a flyer to the right side of the target 1 out of every 10 shots. These right flyers are still on paper at two hundred feet but I thought that was strange. I also had some shots that were even more infrequent that were low at the bottom of the target (1 out of every 20).

At the 250 foot target I was on paper 7 out of 10 shots. A large amount of the time the complete misses were due to wind. There were a few times where the shots that went right or low caused me to miss.

Overall I would say these are good results for a plastic sphere traveling out of a non rifled barrel.

Questions:

1. Is it normal for VSR buckings to need a break in period?
2. If not, should I have a tech take a look at the installation and make changes if needed?

EDIT: After a few more hundred rounds, the grouping seems to be tightening up. Im getting around 10 inch groups at 200.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.