Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, I recently purchased the Maple Leaf VSR -10 Chamber, along with Maple Leaf AUTOBOT 75 Degree rubber I took apart the chamber put in the new rubber and a new tight boar barrel and the whole chamber seemed very tight when I put it back together the hob adjust was impossible to move with the little arm, has anyone come across this or thinks ive done something wrong

Thanks in advance

James

·
Registered
158 Posts
Hi @Jiimmothy
Sounds like something is blocking the movement of the moving part I've marked in red color.

Check if this part can move freely aft & forward when hopup is installed in outer barrel. You can check this after you install the inner barrel with hop up inside the outer barrel.

Also check that the hopup arm is moving freely and isn't jammed between hopup's wall.

Tool Font Auto part Machine Plastic

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi @Jiimmothy
Sounds like something is blocking the movement of the moving part I've marked in red color.

Check if this part can move freely aft & forward when hopup is installed in outer barrel. You can check this after you install the inner barrel with hop up inside the outer barrel.

Also check that the hopup arm is moving freely and isn't jammed between hopup's wall.

View attachment 19801
Do you have any idea what could be blocking it, it seems like the rubber itself is too large and the arm struggles to move up and down

I tried the same set up in the stock VSR-10 hop up and it works fine, just don’t know what could be so different with the maple leaf chamber

thanks for the help

·
Registered
158 Posts
Do you have any idea what could be blocking it
Yes. Maybe something inside the outer barrel is blocking the moving part.
it seems like the rubber itself
I strongly doubt that this is the cause, if you are referring to Autobot bucking...
I tried the same set up in the stock VSR-10 hop up
This makes me believe even more that the problem is on moving part of Maple Leaf's chamber. Something blocks its movement. I think its the inside wall of outer barrel. But you must check it if this is the reason & the outer barrel's wall jams the moving part...

Check what I wrote you in my first post...

·
Registered
975 Posts
Didn’t read over all the comments but I would take it apart and tighten the chamber together with just the hop arm in place and make sure it can move without a lot of force. It can be a little snug but you should essentially be able to hold the chamber upside down and the arm just flip out. I know it’s the maple leaf arm “designed for” the maple leaf chamber but I had one of these bad boys back in the day and the arm was too tight in the chamber. I had to file the sides a tad.

Other than that it’s the process of elimination. Install the arm, make sure it moves freely. If EVERYTHING works before it’s in the gun, make sure the adjuster arm isn’t hitting the mag block.

·
Registered
630 Posts
check each parts of hop up chamber.

First time I installed it, pretty hard to keep everything in right place to put it back.

( one note: add some blue locite on two main screws hold hop up chamber together, after few off games, I see it unscrew it self, lol )

1 - 8 of 8 Posts