Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

Maple Leaf CJ / EdGi Barrel comparison?

13K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  Darkburrow 
#1 ·
Like the title says, Ive actually already had a bit of a look around asking both on facebook and Pm'ing some of those who I know, know a fair bit about Airsoft teching, you know who you are. :shot: Well Im still here looking for a bit more than EDGI will have the better bore quality and will likely push your rifle that extra m however has anyone ran both side by side or swapped out each barrel for a relatively precise experiment. Cheers! :shot:

#2 · (Edited)
From what I've read the Crazy Jet is similar to the Edgi barrels in accuracy. I can personally attest to the fact that the ML CJ is a huge improvement over other, cheaper aftermarket options. Only $60 + shipping! I highly recommend it.

You've probably seen this video in which Cleanshot compares a regular Maple Leaf barrel to a Maple Leaf Crazy Jet barrel, but if you haven't:

#3 ·
I'm using too, my grouping increased pretty good.

My opinions: Maple leaf CJ best bang for medium budgets build.

#5 ·
After doing a lot of builds with either in both budget and high end setups, I have concluded that they both deliver about the same performance. EdGI is theoretically better, but in practice I can't see the difference. Doesn't matter whether I put them in a stock outer with a stock chamber and a stock bucking or in a VSR-R with a ML bucking and an AA chamber, EdGI and the ML CJ do about the same in terms of accuracy, assuming all other variables are the same :yup:

Barrels have no influence on range, by the way :)

#6 ·
Where can I buy maple leaf crazy jet barrels? In the US Preferably

Skirmshop is sold out of the 6.02 428mm

#9 · (Edited)
As far as I know, no retailer in the US has the Crazy Jet barrels available so far.

Only exception is Evike, but they only carry 97 and 113mm barrels, that is, G-series and 1911 respectively. So no rifle-length Crazy Jets there either.

WGCShop, JKArmy, ShooterCBGear and eHobbyAsia are good Asia-based retailers with international shipping and good reputation to get them from.

By the way there is no difference between the 6.02 mm and 6.04 mm barrels.
Yup, actually asked ML to clear this confusion and it turns out all Crazy Jet barrels are 6.04mm, those marked as 6.01 or 6.02 are retailer's "mistake".

Only way to have a 6.02 Crazy Jet would be place a custom order directly with them. Which turns out you can do, so if you really, really like it to be 6.02 they can grab a regular Maple Leaf 6.02 steel barrel, machine the tip for a crazy jet sleeve, etc

That should also be much more expensive, didn't bother to ask (yet) but will surely cost as much or even more tha EdGI's. But hey, maybe that makes them worthy for some people :p :p

(pics from some random dude at ML Facebook group thanking them for the awesome barrel)

I might order one in the not so distant future.

But seriously, normal 6.04 Crazy Jet barrels are awesome, custom order a 6.02 doesn't really makes much sense.

#7 ·

Skirmshop is sold out of the 6.02 428mm
I bought mine from wgc shop. Took a little under 2 weeks to ship to the US. They delivered a great barrel with no issues so I recommend them. By the way there is no difference between the 6.02 mm and 6.04 mm barrels. I don't see any other sites selling the 428 mm barrel in stock right now besides them.

https://www.wgcshop.com/products?se...Barrel - Other Type&catid=&cat=&view_choice=b

#11 ·
The ASG sportline M40 does not take VSR style barrel and bucking.
It takes ASG SSG 69 P2 parts.
You can get SSG69 highpower spring and precision barrel.
With spring, barrel and weighted piston, the M40/SSG69 will shoot 500+fps.
SSG69 P2 High power springs 6 pcs.
Precision barrel, 6,03x465mm, for SSG 69

Spring and barrel together is like 30-40usd. It shoots incredibly precise and lifts a heavy BB OK. I have a SSG69 with the above, and it sends 0.43 out overhopped with 2.5J.

Great way to try sniping, because you can actually snipe with it.

#12 ·
I also bought M40A3 Sportline, there's a YT-vid with a guy saying a bunch of stuff fits right away or with some modification, for example barrels fit if you remove the lips inside the hopup-unit, so i saw your tip with springs, m40a3 has a 45 degree sear, wouldnt this gun break with anything over M150, im not very good at what Degree Sears can handle what type of spring, so enlighten me :D

Maybe i should've put that money on a JG Bar-10 from Taiwan for 120€ :/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.