Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Is the maple leaf 90* piston worth it? I was looking at action army one with the trigger too and don’t know which spring, chlinder and spring guide to use. But im more convinced Tool Bicycle part Cylinder Auto part Engineering

maple leaf one’s.
Sorry if i miss categorized my post im new to the site.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi. Is the maple leaf 90* piston worth it? I was looking at action army one with the trigger too and don’t know which spring, chlinder and spring guide to use. But im more convinced View attachment 20762
maple leaf one’s.
ml stock piston is so loud. you can modify it by adding weight, and rubber damp. for the spring it depends on your joule target. joule creep occurs by adding weight to the piston or better get edgi sap, which can lift .48g bbs and hit a target 100 meters.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I like the laylax piston the most if you are trying to save money. Otherwise I think the WASP is great.

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Skirmshop are the only people that carry it, and I don't think they've had it in stock for 2 or 3 years, along with many other things.
The way to tell it apart quickly is by seeing if it's orange, like so.
If you liked, I could machine down the end of a 45° Laylax for you.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Skirmshop are the only people that carry it, and I don't think they've had it in stock for 2 or 3 years, along with many other things.
The way to tell it apart quickly is by seeing if it's orange, like so.
If you liked, I could machine down the end of a 45° Laylax for you.

I'm not going to buy one for a couple months as I don't have the money to start my new rifle build. But when I do, I'll message you.

·
Registered
48 Posts
My favourite is the Springer custom works piston only thing that I have a issue with is that the orings are close to the front so if there are any exposed threads in the cylinder it destroys the orings I fixed this by adding a sorbo pad so that it stops before the threads otherwise it's proved very consistent and has brilliant air seal

·
Registered
778 Posts
My favourite is the Springer custom works piston only thing that I have a issue with is that the orings are close to the front so if there are any exposed threads in the cylinder it destroys the orings I fixed this by adding a sorbo pad so that it stops before the threads otherwise it's proved very consistent and has brilliant air seal
It's brilliant but I also find I lose some fps because of the friction the doublw o-ring generates.

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
When I used a springer I noticed an FPS increase over light silicone oil or TechT when I used Tamiya CeraGrease. Nothing too significant, but 10-15 FPS and a little better consistency is quite impressive from just changing lubrication.

·
Registered
778 Posts
You can find Laylax pistons at Brill Armory.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I wouldnt get a piston without teflon or delrin guide rings.

Reactions: kazuchan

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Yeah, bare or anodized aluminum rubbing on your cylinder is just asking for trouble.
A decent piston is Angel Custom believe it or not, but Action Army will do in a pinch, as long as you're not ever planning on using 9X13mm springs due to the smaller inner diameter.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hi. Is the maple leaf 90* piston worth it? I was looking at action army one with the trigger too and don’t know which spring, chlinder and spring guide to use. But im more convinced View attachment 20762
maple leaf one’s.
Basically, for piston you'll want a steel/stainless steel sear catch and with delrin/nylon glide ring on the body, and for spring guide you get again stainless steel/steel. Don't need to worry much about bearings but you can get one with it if you want. For cylinder, again steel for maximum durability

·
proverbial discord mod wannabe
1,544 Posts
I read it in evike and they wrote that the sear catch is made of steel as well? So they're wrong?
Maybe I was wrong, however, the info I have says that the piston is 'one piece' suggesting that it is milled from the same aluminium block.
Also, the maple leaf piston doesn't work with 13mm springs so that just makes it a poor option from the outset.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Maybe I was wrong, however, the info I have says that the piston is 'one piece' suggesting that it is milled from the same aluminium block.
Also, the maple leaf piston doesn't work with 13mm springs so that just makes it a poor option from the outset.
Seems like you're right. I checked outher websites and they're saying that it's made out of full aluminium. The outer diameter of the piston says that it is 10mm so basically we can only use stock spring spec in this one.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts