Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we all know the VSR-10 is made of my step-dad's inability to see airsoft as a serious sport, and of course the magazines follow suit- boasting a worth of a whopping eight dollars.

Well out of the three I own - JG, WELL, Tokyo Marui - the Tokyo Marui is the only one that doesn't suffer...well shite I don't know, I forgot - it's been two years since I put my rifle together - but I know they were all trash and that Tokyo Marui was the least trash (s t i l l t r a s h).

Now obviously I should probably stop being so pessimistic being so out of touch, but I'm putting my rifle together soon, and I do plan on being frustrated by my trash magazines.

So, being that Maple Leaf may as well be our lord and savior, I suspect their magazines may be even a little less trash than TM magazines...is this true? Thoughts?

·
Registered
5,596 Posts
The AA 50 round mags are great.
The other mags you have, is they issue that they don't stay in or is it a feeding issue?

·
Registered
863 Posts
Yep I second (or third) the AA mags, they are pretty much all I use. The only think I can nit pick AA mags on, is when you try to hand load 3-5 bbs to crono, they want to jump out the top. But if you use a speed loader there are no issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
155 Posts
I've personally never had any problem with my TM Vsr magazines within the +10 years I've owned the rifle.

Okay, actually one magazine got somehow enlarged from the bb hole and therefore it makes bbs get caught between cylinder nozzle and hop, if I dont hold the magazine up a bit.

Youre correct about them all being trash. I would be happy to pay for a truly high quality sniper out of the box that would shoot dead straight and would be made of good materials.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's a shame nothing close to that exists. It's both baffling and reasonable that the VSR platform blew up to be the standard it is.
I lay down at night and dream of all the ways I'd improve on the VSR's inherent flaws to make a superior platform...

·
Registered
5,596 Posts
It's a shame nothing close to that exists. It's both baffling and reasonable that the VSR platform blew up to be the standard it is.
I lay down at night and dream of all the ways I'd improve on the VSR's inherent flaws to make a superior platform...
I have tried to get manufacturers to make another style of rifle that had a wider longer cylinder that was bull pup and took high cap mags but nobody wants to move away from the VSR10 as it is standard. The SRS could have done it but that rifle has a few big flaws so the VSR10 is still a better rifle.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I have tried to get manufacturers to make another style of rifle that had a wider longer cylinder that was bull pup and took high cap mags but nobody wants to move away from the VSR10 as it is standard. The SRS could have done it but that rifle has a few big flaws so the VSR10 is still a better rifle.
I've wanted to build something similar, but pump action. Perhaps hpa/gas powered. Could use a big fat outer barrel/mock suppressor that acted as the gas resovoir. Going electro pneumatic would make the trigger easy to sort out.. so many ideas, so little manufacturing equipment & time on my hands :-/

·
Registered
5,596 Posts
I've wanted to build something similar, but pump action. Perhaps hpa/gas powered. Could use a big fat outer barrel/mock suppressor that acted as the gas resovoir. Going electro pneumatic would make the trigger easy to sort out.. so many ideas, so little manufacturing equipment & time on my hands :-/
The best hope we can have is DD Tactical.

·
Registered
5,596 Posts
The outside case on VSR mags never seems to have an issue. So it does not crack or break. There is really no need for metal magazines. They would just add extra weight.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Blessed be thy Tokyo Marui..... patron saint of all that is airsoft, blessed be thy name forever and ever, Amen!

:bow:

·
Registered
630 Posts
The outside case on VSR mags never seems to have an issue. So it does not crack or break. There is really no need for metal magazines. They would just add extra weight.
and since it for WELL version so 100% not work properly in vsr-10 without file the diameter of magazine a lot.

SO i think it don't need metal case too.

·
Registered
449 Posts
If i could redesign it, i would have a build in magazine that is refilled with a speedloader. Pull back spring/follower, feed bb's into hole, release.
It's more dynamic loading and i can see how many BB's are left.

·
Registered
202 Posts
If i could redesign it, i would have a build in magazine that is refilled with a speedloader. Pull back spring/follower, feed bb's into hole, release.
It's more dynamic loading and i can see how many BB's are left.
I like that!!! Lever action type, so cool.
I'm thinking you could glue existing magazine in, then drill a hole at the bottom, somewhat trapdoor which you could open and speedload it. Probably lose all your bbs in mag. Wait, adjusting hop up on aa chamber would be impossible 🤔:doh:
Gonna think on it a bit

·
Registered
449 Posts
Would be a lot easier to speedload directly into the rifle instead of faffing about with mags first.

Currently what i do is:
Take old mag out of gun
Take new mag out of pouch and into gun
Take speedloader out
Fill old mag
Put old mag into pouch
Put speedloader into pouch

This ensures uptime. If i have to suddenly lay still, there needs to be a mag in the gun. Moving about for mag switches can give me away.

Therefor for me it is better to:
Take speedloader out of pouch
Put BB's into gun (i can fill on top of magazine)
Put speedloader away

At no point is there any downtime. I can always break action and lay still and still have BB's in the gun.

I don't need to have 50+ BB's ready for speed sniping. I just need at least 5-10 shots at all times. Empty mag in combat is death for sniping cause it gives you away, and the enemy who may see you is now alive instead of dead.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
But by the same token, it seems a fairly reasonable solution to just have a large magazine.
I know at least for me, historically speaking, that's a totally apt solution. I'm used to smaller fields, playing entire games with one 12 round Tanaka magazine, reloading during staging; a 30-50 round magazine is far more than enough for a single game for me! I can't imagine playing such kill-frantic games such that I'm getting 30 hits before the game is up :p

·
Registered
5,596 Posts
I once made a VSR10 high cap mag out of an M4 mag. It was great but since the magazine is only held in the mag well with just a clip at the front of the mag, it put a lot of stress on the mag and so it did not take long for the front top loading part to break off.
I have asked manufacturers time and time again to make a high cap mag that holds at least 100 rounds. Even if it sticks out from the bottom of the rifle a bit. It would not look great but it would be good for us people who use a lot of rounds and do not mind the way it looks.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.