Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got one of my projects finished after recently acquiring a used Tokyo Marui 1911a1. The deal came with a few extra bits so let me go over them first.

Marui 1911
2x Marui 1911 26rnd mags
PDI SD adapter
PDI Piston kit
PDI 6" 6.01mm TBB

I'm sure you can imagine its appearance, but since my camera charger has walked off some pictures will have to wait.

I sure some of you know what QDs are, for those that don't, they are quick disconnect fittings. I am running my 1911 on CO2 and HPA in my primary mag now. I don't plan on adding QDs to the second mag since reloads will be faster if I need too. I very rarely change mags but frequently reload and I hate carrying propane. Since I hump CO2 or HPA anyway, this makes sense to me. This also allows me to adjust my velocity to the cusp of 350FPS year round. So far I have found that my 1911 will operate at 80PSI and that 130-140PSI with CO2 is similar to propane. I have reached 1.5j w/ .3g (400FPS w/ .2) at 150PSI. I'm not sure if thats safe for the replica but I am happy with the equivalent of 350FPS and a 0' MED.

I used 10-32UNF QD fittings and a 4" long 1/8" minicoil from Nycoil. My hose looks like a regular pistol lanyard and allows for plenty of free movement. Maybe I'll spring for a heavy slide since gas economy and cool-off is no longer an issue.

Oh, Marui 1911 feel terrible and shoot great. They are almost completely plastic, frame included. Buyers beware.

mateba

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Finally got some pictures and a few upgrades installed.

Pro-Win SFA M1911A1 FMK
PDI Palsonite 5" 6.01
Airsoft surgeon loading nozzle, recoil spring, hammer spring, piston
Airsoft Surgeon leaf spring

Sidney Ryan Custom Scrimshaw 1911 grips

Polished a few stock parts
Still on HPA at ~375FPS with 130PSI
Changed my 1/8" hose to 5/32" for high air flow

It operates at 90PSI but prefers 110PSI or more.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm getting some ridiculous range. Man size targets at 150' should not be an issue. .3g has a flat trajectory out to at least 150". I was paying more attention to my M60 and two other teammates guns on my range day. I can give a more detailed report later.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
When ever I break my 50' MED or just want to put a noob in there place. I have shot people on my own side for not calling out obvious hits. Probably 1-2 mags in 1 5 hour game. Not to often but enough for me as a support gunner. I would still like to see Ino come out with their steel M1911A1!

I can't wait to peg a sniper with it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.