Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently a buddy and i fixed the slam-fire issue i had with my type 96 and put it all back together. Basically the zero trigger is missing a screw and needs to be tightened often, which i believe caused the issue. anyway this gun has an upgraded spring and cylinder with the zero trigger to 500FPS. i believe the problem to be with the hop-up and barrel because they are both stock. im wondering if i upgrade to a PDI hop-up and tightbore barrel, if this will fix the problem. I'll need a new bucking too, aswell as barrel spacers since my inner barrel is loose and moves around. there seems to be a lot of vibration from the spring and my gun is pretty loud, im also wondering if this has somthing to do with the shots not being on target. any input here? im going with the hop up is whacked out since it shoots far left most of the time no matter how you adjust it.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Put in DIY spacers and see what happens. Just wrap masking tape around a section of the barrel so you get a masking tape ring. Do 2-3 of these and see what happens. It may improve your problem a good bit and it will also save you money. Remember to leave room for the hop-up and the barrel plug at the top.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Put in DIY spacers and see what happens. Just wrap masking tape around a section of the barrel so you get a masking tape ring. Do 2-3 of these and see what happens. It may improve your problem a good bit and it will also save you money. Remember to leave room for the hop-up and the barrel plug at the top.
Ok ill give it a try! good idea

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Hmm ive run into a problem. the zero trigger will not come off! the piston sear wont budge when i try to pull it up to take off the trigger.... i hate to force it anymore i dont wanna break somthing, any ideas??

*update* ive put masking take around the inner barrel, it seemed to dull some of the vibrations. i took the inner barrel apart from the hop up and there is no bucking at all, this could be the main cause. guess i will have to save up some money and replace the bucking, hop up, and get a tightbore. All worth it in the end anyway.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I'd recommend getting an aftermarket hop up chamber, bucking, and barrel. It's just an overall fantastic upgrade, since the stock parts are meh, especially the hop up chamber. It's got a terrible reputation of the hop up arm breaking, as well as having the bucking getting ripped by the pointless threads inside of the chamber during reassembly.

Paper works best as a barrel spacer, since it has more area. Just tape the paper, wrap it around the inner barrel, and tape it again. Repeat over and over again until it fits perfectly in the outer barrel.

As for the Zero Trigger not moving, did you pop out the spring guide stopper before trying to remove it? I'd recommend removing the outer barrel from the receiver, unscrewing the cylinder head, and emptying the cylinder before you pop out the spring guide stoper.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the reply, yeah im gonna have to get the funds for an ugpraded barrel, hop up, and bucking. Main problem is all the websites are sold out of type 96 tightbores, and the the PDI hop up.... kinda stuck i actually have the rifle up for sale on craigslist. might take it it down i really hate to sell her.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.