Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a the pdi hop up unit in my gun and I'm guessing a standard bucking. I keep having problems with my bbs tailing off to about 11 o'clock at medium to long distances. And also some inconsistencies. I'm shooting some .43 bbs that aren't the best quality and could account for the all to often fliers. But still it's consistently shooting left. Any idea what the fix could be? New bucking? If so will any type 96 bucking fit the pdi hop up chamber? Thanks!

·
Registered
274 Posts
You said you have the PDI Chamber, right?

The PDI chamber has two adjustment grub screws, which independently control two separate hop-up arms. If your bb's are pulling to the left, you can try lowering the amount of hop applied to the left hop-up arm, or increase the hop on the right.

But adjusting your hop-up doesn't matter too much if you don't have 110% confidence in your chosen ammo. If adjusting your hop doesn't help, you need to INVEST in some reputable heavyweight bb's, then go from there. All the upgrades in the world won't matter if your bb's are crap.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But an imperfect bb wouldn't Be consistent in curving left would it. And any recommendation on lighter colored heavy bbs?

·
Registered
20 Posts
AFAIK Type 96 can "QD" the cylinder, try doing that and look through the barrel, see if the bucking nub is poking into the barrel "properly".

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the advise guys. I'll test it after those and get back to yall

·
Registered
274 Posts
But an imperfect bb wouldn't Be consistent in curving left would it. And any recommendation on lighter colored heavy bbs?
It's hard to tell if the bb is the problem here. Try splitting a few bbs open to see if they have air bubbles. If they do, and they aren't centered, I'd look for new bbs. Air bubbles wreak havoc on consistency.

There are tons of bb review threads kicking around, but I personally use Bioshot .36's. The first decent brand I've used, and no issues whatsoever in my 2 1/2 years using them. The heavyweights (above .30g) are easier to crush, but they're doing fine for me. Bonus, all Bioshot bbs are white :D

IIRC, Novritsch uses .43g Bioshots. He washes them in small batches before using them in his videos, and he's starting to get a huge following.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The stinky part is I'll have to use biodegradable bbs. Not sure how they can tell if mine are bio or not but it stinks.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm goin to get some new bbs. And a new hop up bucking because bbs are all over the place. I'm shooting decently fast so what hop up bucking would y'all recommend for the pdi chamber?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts