Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
bobgengeskahn said:
I saw an airsoft GITV review of this recently, but all they had was the body. any word on the V2/V3 gearbox? I had a short PM convo with vindi not to long ago and he said the V3 is a better base as a DMR because its a stronger stock gearbox.
It's a "modified" version 2 gearbox. Looks like it'll use all the normal V2 parts, though it's got a newly designed trigger unit in it. It also used a cage-mounted motor that attaches to the gearbox, like a version 3, and will use a short-type motor as opposed to a long type like most version 2 weapons use.

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
Nope, it doesn't look like it'll be a split gearbox, though it looks like there may be a quick-release on the spring guide to quickly change out the spring (based on the design of the rear of the gearbox - this is just my guess). From what I can tell, the extent of the gearbox being "modified" is simply that it uses a motor cage and well as a proprietary trigger/wiring assembly.

It does have a pretty cool way of changing out inner/outer barrel assemblies, though. The body of the gun houses the hop up and the front of the gun houses a quick-release lever that when released allows you to pull out the shorter inner/outer barrel assembly and quickly drop in the longer assembly. Both have their own buckings built into the barrel assembly, and the hop up doesn't come out when you change the barrel, so you just need to slide out the old assembly and slide in the new inner/outer into place and re-engage the quick release feature.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.