Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, this is my fist post in this forum, (YAY) I figured you guys are the best people in the world to ask for feedback on my first ever great (hopfully) bolt action build!

So, I have read and read some more, watched videos then watched some more to now build up enough confidence to order my parts. And this is the parts list that I have come up with:

The base gun is a CM.706 (Cyma)

Spring: Rapax (3 joule (sniper 1) and Hulk spring (sniper 2)).
Spingguide: Action Army L96 Spring Guide
Hopup chamber: Action Army hopup chamber MB01 - L96
Nub: ML Omega nub
Rubber: Maple Leaf MR HOP Silicone 70 AEG (New see threw one 2021)
Barrel: Maple Leaf 6.02mm 455mm Precisionbarrel (The one with cutouts for mr-hop )
Piston: Action Army L96 Piston
Cylinder: Action Army Cylinder Kit for Type 96 (teflon coated)
TDC: Delta Tactics Hop-Up Precision Regulator L96
Trigger upgrade: ActionArmy Zero Trigger for Maruzen type L96

And the barrel will be centered with homemade spacers/tape

What do you guys think, have I missed something? What would you have done differently? I would love to read your thoughts and feedback!

I will post the progress/ressults when all the parts arrive!

*Edits: New trigger unit ordered and changed hopup chamber to AA -
*Spelling
*New Repax springs ordered
*Hop up bucking changed to 70°

·
Registered
45 Posts
What's your target power limit and range?

Whilst all the parts are good I wouldn't bother with the tdc as just put a bit of PTFE tape on the hop adjustment grub screw and once it's set it should be good. I think tdc ruins the look a bit and isn't needed for type96 style hops as they apply force directly downwards anyway.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What's your target power limit and range?

Whilst all the parts are good I wouldn't bother with the tdc as just put a bit of PTFE tape on the hop adjustment grub screw and once it's set it should be good. I think tdc ruins the look a bit and isn't needed for type96 style hops as they apply force directly downwards anyway.

Hey, this is the sniper limit with the fist colum beeing safeaty in minimum engagement. and the last tow rows beeing bolt action.

Edit: Im aiming for Sniper 1 (30m)

·
Registered
959 Posts
So, in terms of the trigger upgrade, I assume you just upgraded one trigger sear.
The l96 has 2 trigger sears.
This: Airsoft Pro Steel Piston Catch Sear For CNC Trigger Set L96 / M24 bb's #6088
And This: AirsoftPro Sniper L96 Mb01,04,05,08 Steel Trigger Sear
You also need to upgrade the spring guide stopper: Airsoft Pro L96 (MB01,04,05,08.) Steel Spring Guide Stopper, Trigger APS PN003 R2.

It would be best, however, to upgrade the whole trigger to an AirsoftPro or Action Army. They will be sturdier, and I worry that with a powerful enough spring, the stock trigger box casing might crack.
The Action Army is also a zero trigger.
I would have used an action army hopup chamber as well, not the airsoft pro.
Finally, you need to make an intro post in the allotted section. This sort of counts I guess, but it would be better for you to put one up there as well.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So, in terms of the trigger upgrade, I assume you just upgraded one trigger sear.
The l96 has 2 trigger sears.
This: Airsoft Pro Steel Piston Catch Sear For CNC Trigger Set L96 / M24 bb's #6088
And This: AirsoftPro Sniper L96 Mb01,04,05,08 Steel Trigger Sear
You also need to upgrade the spring guide stopper: Airsoft Pro L96 (MB01,04,05,08.) Steel Spring Guide Stopper, Trigger APS PN003 R2.

It would be best, however, to upgrade the whole trigger to an AirsoftPro or Action Army. They will be sturdier, and I worry that with a powerful enough spring, the stock trigger box casing might crack.
The Action Army is also a zero trigger.
I would have used an action army hopup chamber as well, not the airsoft pro.
Finally, you need to make an intro post in the allotted section. This sort of counts I guess, but it would be better for you to put one up there as well.

Hello BlackDog, Thank you for the info. I was looking at the zero pull trigger unit and found two variants for the L96, would you hapend to know if the CM.607 base would fit the Maruzen style series trigger unit or the APS2 L96 Mauri L96 - B04 - 007 style one.

As for the introduction, thank you for telling me I will be wrighting one shortly.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Maruzen is aps2, or rather, maruzen is the company that created the aps2 system.
For the rifle you have the trigger for aps2 guns such as well mb01 variants should work.
Link to action army zero trigger for aps2: Action Army Zero Trigger for type 96/Well MB01

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Maruzen is aps2, or rather, maruzen is the company that created the aps2 system.
For the rifle you have the trigger for aps2 guns such as well mb01 variants should work.
Link to action army zero trigger for aps2: Action Army Zero Trigger for type 96/Well MB01

Great, thank you for the information. I was hoping that one would fit, and have now ordered one of these aswell. 😄
Just sent a mail to the seller asking if i could change the Airsoft pro chamber to a AA one. Lets hope that they can make a change in my order, befor it is shiped.

·
Registered
959 Posts
182 m/s is roughly 600fps or just over 3 joules. That is an m180 spring or equivalent.
Good brands include:
Modify (m180)
Guarder (m180)
Rapax (3 joule or Hulk spring).
AirsoftPro springs are not good.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
182 m/s is roughly 600fps or just over 3 joules. That is an m180 spring or equivalent.
Good brands include:
Modify (m180)
Guarder (m180)
Rapax (3 joule or Hulk spring).
AirsoftPro springs are not good.
Just ordered one hulk and one 3+ joule spring from Repax, they sound solid. (y)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts