Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello! As you may have seen before I am new to the forum and to sniping. Today, I have purchased a JG BAR-10 (full length, not G-SPEC) and it will be coming in the mail soon. This is my first sniper rifle and I am very excited, but I need some help upgrading it.

I am using stock spring FPS, so I am not getings sears, a piston, a new spring or a spring guide. I am also using 0.3 gram BBs as well.

This parts list will change based on your help! Thanks guys!
PARTS LIST (so far):
-EdGi Barrel
-KA bucking

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I would do all of the DIY mods:
Teflon tape the cylinder head

Port and polish the cylinder head (I worte a guide that is foating around this section of the forum somewhere)

create a better seal on your bucking with thread or teflon tape

better o-ring on your stock piston

polish the cylinder

etc, etc.

As for your parts list, I buy a Danger Werx VSR10 hopup arm, the ''type A'' arm would be best for the KA bucking. EdGI TBB are very nice for the price. I'd get the 6.01

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MGunner, thank you I forgot about the DIY mods, I will do those!

Concernig the hopup arm, what advantage does it have over the stock one with the KA Bucking? (And yes the 6.01mm:shot:)

·
Registered
361 Posts
There's some amount of debate as to barrel bore. The typical consensus is that while it has more to do with the diameter of your bb's compared to the diameter of the barrel, wider=more accurate (to a point) and tighter=more efficient. The general recommendation is 6.03, and depending on your sourcing options you might consider a Laylax 6.03 430mm barrel. That's my personal recommendation.

·
Registered
568 Posts
^ 1+
Also, get the best bbs you can find, g&g 0.3g are really good,
maruzen super grandmasters 0.29g are probably the best bbs you can find,
bbbastards are very good also,
bioval are very good.
I've had some great experience with goldenball 0.4g, and I bet 0.3g won't dissapoint you.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I don't mean to thread-jack, but what is the advantage or disadvantage of an r-hop over an er-hop?

·
Registered
384 Posts
So what is the reason you use primarily R-hop rather than ER-hop in your rifles? Or did you mean you use an R-type of hop in all of your rifles? :X

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks all of you! I am taking everything you have said into consideration and am talking to a local tech who has owned at least three VSR's. I have also not mentioned that I am on a budget, but that is the smallest of my worries currently. I'll update when needed!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Hello! As you may have seen before I am new to the forum and to sniping. Today, I have purchased a JG BAR-10 (full length, not G-SPEC) and it will be coming in the mail soon. This is my first sniper rifle and I am very excited, but I need some help upgrading it.

I am using stock spring FPS, so I am not getings sears, a piston, a new spring or a spring guide. I am also using 0.3 gram BBs as well.

This parts list will change based on your help! Thanks guys!
PARTS LIST (so far):
-EdGi Barrel
-KA bucking
I would recommend a nine ball bucking over the King arms. When I had a King Arms Bucking it did not give me 100% during compression test with thumb over barrel. And also they tare easy, happened to mine. Nine ball is made out of a thicker rubber in which gives better seal over the air nozzle. I also have edgi with danger wrex arm and works wonders with nine ball.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?uooh4q
- A.K.A "FD" or "Krew"

·
Registered
9 Posts
I would recommend a nine ball bucking over the King arms. When I had a King Arms Bucking it did not give me 100% during compression test with thumb over barrel. And also they tare easy, happened to mine. Nine ball is made out of a thicker rubber in which gives better seal over the air nozzle. I also have edgi with danger wrex arm and works wonders with nine ball.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?uooh4q
- A.K.A "FD" or "Krew"
Do you use a hard or soft bucking or is nine ball all the same? Also I like your bar 10 setup I'm thinking of getting one and I may use a similar setup.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Do you use a hard or soft bucking or is nine ball all the same? Also I like your bar 10 setup I'm thinking of getting one and I may use a similar setup.
I believe all the nineball buckings are the same, they uses a thicker rubber. The only thing I wish I have for my setup is a zero trigger, I should of made that my first upgrade. It would ease the bolt pull/push with the 150 spring I have.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.