Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

I've been looking at upgrading my inner barrel for my MB-01 but have a few questions as I'm not really sure I'm understanding all of the info. My understanding so far is that there are essentially two types I can go for, AEG (which I believe would require a new hop chamber and bucking?) and vsr style.

Are there any vsr style pdi barrels that fit an MB-01? So far I've not been able to clearly see one that would.

Thanks in advance for the help, if you got any other suggestions please feel free :)

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
The stock chamber and bucking take type 96 cut barrels, NOT vsr barrels.

My recommendation would be an aftermarket chamber, an aftermarket bucking and an aftermarket barrel. That way you have AEG compatible stuff. If you buy a type 96 barrel you'll have a decent barrel but your bucking and chamber will still be bad and as soon as you upgrade your chamber your fancy type 96 barrel will be useless as it won't fit anymore. Therefore: do it right the first time, just buy an entire aftermarket barrel group (can be had for $100 if you search well). My recommendation would be an AA type 96 chamber, a madbull steel bull barrel (400-450mm, no longer) and a maple leaf bucking + nub :tup:

·
Registered
638 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The stock chamber and bucking take type 96 cut barrels, NOT vsr barrels.

My recommendation would be an aftermarket chamber, an aftermarket bucking and an aftermarket barrel. That way you have AEG compatible stuff. If you buy a type 96 barrel you'll have a decent barrel but your bucking and chamber will still be bad and as soon as you upgrade your chamber your fancy type 96 barrel will be useless as it won't fit anymore. Therefore: do it right the first time, just buy an entire aftermarket barrel group (can be had for $100 if you search well). My recommendation would be an AA type 96 chamber, a madbull steel bull barrel (400-450mm, no longer) and a maple leaf bucking + nub :tup:
So if I get the AA chamber then get an AEG barrel and bucking?

·
Registered
4,148 Posts

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Probably not very capable, you'll need a bit higher fps to do that properly I'm afraid.

If you install a piston with a better airseal you should get around 500 fps, such as the piston from this set:

Upgrade set for MB01, MB05, MB06 and MB08[P&J] - TaiwanGun.com

If you get this set, whatever you do, do NOT use the spring included. That'll lift your fps to 650 or something as it's ridiculously overpowered. The stock spring with this piston & spring guide will do over 500 fps just fine though and you should be able to lift .4 bb just fine with this piston :tup:

You can also use different methods to upgrade the fps a little such as a more powerful spring but I'd recommend an aluminium piston from an upgrade set like this. Eventually you will want to upgrade the internals anyway and this is a pretty solid piston. The one I installed in my type 96 has held up for a year and a half and hasn't got any signs of wear yet. You can probably also find them locally (these sets are often called UTG upgrade sets, but they go by many names), but I believe taiwangun currently offers free shipping, so get one while brexit isn't confirmed yet :hehe:

·
Registered
5,624 Posts
The stock piston will last a long time even with high fps. I had the stock plastic piston in my L96 at 600fps and it was fine. Never wore out. Also the stock spring guide lasts forever if you put the metal guide in the middle of it.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Mine never wore out, because I never used them that long. But the main reason why I'd recommend this piston is the fps boost. It has better airseal and it's a tad thicker which results in a bit higher fps. It's also heavier, so it is better joule creep material if you ever want to get into that :tup:

·
Registered
5,624 Posts

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
They are about the same. AST is some name they have given to the brand, monster is the type of bucking.

There's also the autobot and deception buckings (for the VSR). For AEG they have yet another name. I have personally seen the best perforamance with the old "monster" type :tup:

·
Registered
415 Posts
I actually use the modify flat hop hard bucking and achieve great distance and accuracy. My shots are also very consistent. I switched from the maple leaf monster bucking to the modify flat hop and the flat hop one is better in my opinion.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
I actually use the modify flat hop hard bucking and achieve great distance and accuracy. My shots are also very consistent. I switched from the maple leaf monster bucking to the modify flat hop and the flat hop one is better in my opinion.
Did your maple leaf have any imperfections? Did you use the correct nub? Was it worn in or brand new?

I have personally seen similar performance (consistency wise) when comparing the AEG ML to a flat hop, perhaps even better. It also had more hop potential because of the increased contact surface. It's not as good as its VSR counterpart, though...

·
Registered
415 Posts
My maple leaf was worn in, had no imperfections ( flipped it inside out to check) and mine came with a nub. I just installed an ir-hop as well today but when I have hop up applied, the patch looks flat while looking down the barrel. No concave shape but it works well.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.