Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I have an MB03 and just got a new 90 deg trigger for it. I am in need of a 90 deg piston now and figure I should go ahead and replace everything in the cylinder while I am at it (I am currently using the $30 Evike power up kit). I realize I have painted myself into a bit of a corner with an MB03 sized cylinder, but I am ok with doing some modifications to parts if necessary (like sanding down guide rings).

Thanks!

·
Registered
959 Posts
Replace the cylinder as well.
The mb03 stock cylinder seals terribly and is incredibly weak.
Use an airsoftpro cylinder as it is the same diameter as the mb03 one.
All other cylinders will be wider in diameter.
Then use an airsoftpro piston and spring guide and a rapax spring.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Replace the cylinder as well.
The mb03 stock cylinder seals terribly and is incredibly weak.
Use an airsoftpro cylinder as it is the same diameter as the mb03 one.
All other cylinders will be wider in diameter.
Then use an airsoftpro piston and spring guide and a rapax spring.

Thanks BlackDog! I just replaced the cylinder with a steel one, so that's done. Unfortunately it looks like AirsoftPro stuff won't be back in stock for a few months so they are off the table unless someone has one they would be willing to sell

·
Registered
959 Posts
Thanks BlackDog! I just replaced the cylinder with a steel one, so that's done. Unfortunately it looks like AirsoftPro stuff won't be back in stock for a few months so they are off the table unless someone has one they would be willing to sell
What brand is it?
Certain brands fit certain pistons better than others.
Note than Airsoftpro pistons work in both MB03 and TM diameter cylinders.

·
Registered
959 Posts
I think that this is a TM diameter cylinder.
Nearly all pistons should work.
That means: Maple Leaf, AirsoftPro, Action Army, Laylax, Springer Custom Works, W.A.S.P. etc.
My personal favourite out of these is the SCW one.
For the spring guide, make sure it matches your spring.
I like rapax springs so if you go for that get a 9mm spring guide as they are 9mm id.
Alternatively, buy a AirsoftPro spring guide as those are 7mm but have a 9mm sleeve which can be attached for 9mm id spring use.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That means: Maple Leaf, AirsoftPro, Action Army, Laylax, Springer Custom Works, W.A.S.P. etc.
I like rapax springs so if you go for that get a 9mm spring guide as they are 9mm id.
Alternatively, buy a AirsoftPro spring guide as those are 7mm but have a 9mm sleeve which can be attached for 9mm id spring use.
I'll bust out the calipers rq and see, one sec

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
looks like 22mm on the nose for the ID

·
Registered
959 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
wait, fr? if that's the case I'll just get whatever. Are AA pistons good? And could someone else verify this before I take the leap?

·
Registered
959 Posts
wait, fr? if that's the case I'll just get whatever. Are AA pistons good? And could someone else verify this before I take the leap?
Action Army Pistons are pretty decent. As upgrades go. As in, they don't do anything super special like the Wasp or SCW, but they set the bar for what a good piston is.

Maple Leaf pistons are probably the worst of the bunch as there are no steel parts. They are just aluminium.

Laylax is pretty much like action army.

AirsoftPro is similar to AA and Laylax, but fits both mb03 and tm spec cylinders.

W.A.S.P. is very good and super modular.

SCW is favoured by many forum members here. Cheaper than W.A.S.P. for largely the same effect. Also, very modular as seen on Skara's AA T11 where he had a custom airbrake sleeve made for his maple leaf cylinder head.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Thanks! I'm thinking AA piston and guide with a Laylax M170 spring. Thoughts?
Sounds good.
With the AA piston, make sure you get the correct angled one.
I'm pretty sure AA make both 45 and 90 degree pistons.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Can someone confirm something for me? Since this thread is about the mb03...

Does a Well Mb03 come with THIS style magazine release system (picture attached) where the button is integrated into the mag block?

I know for a fact that a Well Mb10, 11, and 12 do, as I’ve purchased new. Trying to confirm the MB03. I’ve seen used for sale that appear to have it. But then others eBay don’t. Thank you.

I’m aware of the Cyma mag block, I don’t want that one. hisses
C0296AEB-04C4-4DF8-B78D-D29AAE9407EE.jpeg

·
Registered
959 Posts
No. It does not, at least on my mb03 that is. Still, the mag release is pretty decent. It is screwed in and the button protrudes quite far out.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I have had a few MB03s. None of them have the mag catch integrated into the mag block. I bought the last two about three years ago so not sure if there has been a production run after the ones I received that do.

·
Registered
959 Posts

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I have that same cylinder that I purchased in 2019, and it has a 22.07mm ID and a 23.99mm OD and couldn't fit a normal VSR piston, I had to lathe the it down.
My Angel Custom cylinder on the other hand is 22.28X24.03mm, and my Angel Custom piston required minor lathe work and a smaller O-ring to function.

I have gathered directly from PDI and Lambda that their cylinders are 22mm exact inner diameter, so a Lambda piston should fit perfectly in the cylinder we both have.
AirsoftPro is of course an option, but this cylinder is basically a stainless AirsoftPro and shipping from CZ to US is like $30+, so it would be more cost effective and exactly as good to get Lambda pistons and Silverback spring guides.

·
Registered
617 Posts
thank you for your replies, I’m going to assume the used mb03 I found online was a newer version (possibly) or not actually an mb03.
What's wrong with the Cyma mag block?

nothing is “wrong” with it, it’s just that between the well model and Cyma, I like the well more.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Will I need to actually put this on a lathe or will a bit of sand paper to the guide rings do the trick? we are only talking about 0.2 mm here

1 - 20 of 21 Posts