Registered
384 Posts
Splendid picture :tup:

One of the best group photographs I've ever seen :yup:

Reactions: Recce2rgj

·
Registered
504 Posts
Yeah three! Im deciding to do two years at college first and possibly Uni before I become cannon fodder.. ;) Not sure which regiment they're in but I know that two of them are definitely para's with one of them attempting the SAS selection but failing the interrogation stage due to being deemed by instructors as 'unfit', i.e. he collapsed due to standing with a bag over his head for 7 hours without food/water before even having a question asked! Not sure whether he will take his second attempt this year though with him only being allowed one more attempt at the selection program. And Im also quite adamant that the army does't allow siblings to serve together because of the fact if one dies, then the others will want retribution and could put other lives at risk. (Im sure you've seen saving private ryan, his three brothers were all KIA which is why he had to be pulled out to relieve stress on the family/mother, so if they're all in a transport and it happens to go over/trigger an IED etc then they have lesser chance of all dying etc. )

Cheers anyway! I think one of them is on a peacekeeping mission in Kenya with the other two doing their third, six month tour of Afghanistan.

Zero

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Zero there's a huge Training Area in Kenya, thats probably where he is. My old Battalion went there earlier this year for 6 week exercise. I hope your two Brothers in Afghan stay safe. My Nephew has just got back from his 3rd Tour.
Cheers
Robbo

·
Registered
504 Posts
Ah that could be the one, we get so many letters keeping us informed with what they're all up to Im surprised we don't get blamed for deforestation in the amazon! Sounds awesome! Thanks again, appreciate it buddy. :)

Zero

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Did you experience any of the troubles?

I'm Irish by the way.
And I'm not going to be biased towards the IRA or anything.
Just thought I'd let you know before you reply...
I served in South Armagh, before any ceasefires. I have nothing against any nationality & religion is the root cause of all wars in my eyes, there's Irish in my family, I just don't like people who try to shoot me. My Regiment lost more guys to the IRA than any other Regiment in the British Army due in no small part to the fact Green Jackets did the most Tours there.

The people were really nice and just fed up of the fighting and pointless killings.

Thats all I'm gonna say on the subject.

Robbo

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.