Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just perusing Evike's New Arrivals page, and I came across a new WE pistol. It strikes a remarkable resemblance to the AAP-01 with the upper and slide portion (and features similar functions, like the full auto fun switch), and the only noticable difference is the Glock-like lower. If it does prove to be decent, it's an AAP-01 Alternative with a metal slide for 140 bucks (which also includes the rail segments). Very tempting, considering the aftermarket Action Army metal uppers are already over $100.

Any thoughts? My biggest interest would be if it can fit the AAP stock.

· Registered
3,685 Posts
I saw it a few days ago and thought it was interesting.

Apparently they are doing a Hi-Capa mag one soon which should be cool, but it's really not the pistol for me as I care about sound and accuracy.
Still, it looks sort of cool and is undoubtedly better than the AAP as in the USAirsoft torture test the AAP only made it a few K rounds before dying.

· Registered
399 Posts
"Undoubtedly better"

Because WEs are known for their legendary reliability, gas efficiency and performance.

· Registered
473 Posts
An upper made of aluminium tube, that alone makes me want it. That means you can buy any tube (aluminium, steel, carbon fiber) of same diameter, dremel and you can have any length you want. A Glock lower also means wider range of accessories. Action army made more effort to make the AAP01 proprietary so they can cash in on accessories than making the pistol better.
I own a bunch of WE GBB/GBBRs, they aren't the best but they are not bad and they have been making gas guns since they started, I trust them way more than Action army.

· Registered
399 Posts
There is not much to improve on the aap, mechanically speaking it's bang on, does what it says on the tin and didn't require a "honest" review to boost sales.

Oh, and it doesn't need CO2/HPA/the strongest gas known to mankind to dump a full magazine like some KJW guns.
Oh and it's a good 30% cheaper as well.

· Registered
3,685 Posts
"Undoubtedly better"

Because WEs are known for their legendary reliability, gas efficiency and performance.
That's what I said and that's what I meant, but like WYZ said, these are metal and can take NORMAL upgrades, not expensive cosmetic things to fix problems engineered into the gun on purpose.
On the AAP-01 the barrel was purposefully made to be 2 piece and not at all rigid, and the silencer threads were made to be plastic that will strip in an instant, which is probably like a $50+ upgrade to replace that when it breaks, bringing you to the price of the WE.
Even if the WE isn't great, neither was the AAP-01, but it seems like they clearly tried to make a good product that will last(for the most part, we're talking WE here) instead of making a cheap and delicate gun that requires expensive proprietary upgrades that are somewhat lacking.
Action Army made it pretty easy to compete with them on this one lol

· Registered
473 Posts
There is not much to improve on the aap, mechanically speaking it's bang on, does what it says on the tin and didn't require a "honest" review to boost sales.

Oh, and it doesn't need CO2/HPA/the strongest gas known to mankind to dump a full magazine like some KJW guns.
Oh and it's a good 30% cheaper as well.
Hammer breaking, advertised as most efficient pistol but comes with a 100g plus bolt that weight as much as a tm glock upper assembly with no chance of upgrade (TM with aluminium BBU is almost half the weight of the AAP01), advertised as glock lower but not compatible with any glock accessories apart from some trigger (like the hammer that breaks) parts and the mag, teases with TDC since launch and comes out with a over engineered chamber costing 1/2 the price of the pistol.
Return spring so weak that the full auto sear doesn't reset if you use a tighter bucking just to reach the RPM when the gas and temp are right. Yeah right, it's perfect out of the box lol.

· Registered
922 Posts
That's what I said and that's what I meant, but like WYZ said, these are metal and can take NORMAL upgrades, not expensive cosmetic things to fix problems engineered into the gun on purpose.
On the AAP-01 the barrel was purposefully made to be 2 piece and not at all rigid, and the silencer threads were made to be plastic that will strip in an instant, which is probably like a $50+ upgrade to replace that when it breaks, bringing you to the price of the WE.
Even if the WE isn't great, neither was the AAP-01, but it seems like they clearly tried to make a good product that will last(for the most part, we're talking WE here) instead of making a cheap and delicate gun that requires expensive proprietary upgrades that are somewhat lacking.
Action Army made it pretty easy to compete with them on this one lol
WE guns are known to break very quickly. The aap-01 has presented itself as an extremelt accurate and reliable gun. A few 5500 rounds on fullauto out of a $100 pistol is pretty good imo, way better than some WE performance I've run into. Also that test is far from scientific, considering they only tested one pistol and used dry hpa gas.

Also, unless it's due to break, I don't care if it's polymer or metal.

· Registered
399 Posts
100g plus bolt that weight as much as a tm glock upper assembly
AAP bolt 100g (just shy of, but let's consider 100g)
Complete TM gen3 G17 upper 170g.
That's a 70% increase, wouldn't call it "as much"
The trend of honest reviews seems to be going strong :D

Hammer breaking
it's been sorted rather quickly, something the company you work for doesn't seem to understand.

With that being said, it's still a relatively new product, so we will have to wait for proper feedback from those who spent their own money and actually played extensively with the thing.

· Registered
473 Posts
Did you weight the full TM upper or just the moving part that causes recoil and actually matters? Because the stock TM BBU is 40-50 ish, the slide 30-40g ish. Plus with TM you get the chance to upgrade the BBU, you can't with the aap01.
I bought two AAP01 when they came out for almost 120 each with big expectations, but all the small tweaks to make it just proprietary enough totally turned me off.

· Registered
399 Posts
Did you weight the full TM upper or just the moving part that causes recoil and actually matters?
I weighed all the parts that move, which affect gas consumption to cycle the thing, so the whole upper for the TM (bar the recoil spring and guide rod) and the whole bolt for the AAP.

Does it matter if the AAP bbu is heavier than the TM one? No, because the moving mass even with a heavier bbu it is still considerably lighter.

Could it be even lighter? Yes, it very well could be, but in its current state the AAP is literally the only gun, apart from stock TMs, that doesn't vent all the gas in your face or fails to cycle after 10 shots in all but the warmest of weathers.
Even with a heavy ass bbu.
Not bad at all for a €90 gun.

· Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, this looks interesting. Haven't heard of this site before, and unsure where it's based, but they look pretty new, AND have the new WE pistol for $95!

Edit: looks to be Hong Kong based. Overseas prices are obviously going to be cheaper.

· Registered
774 Posts
Hammer breaking, advertised as most efficient pistol but comes with a 100g plus bolt that weight as much as a tm glock upper assembly with no chance of upgrade (TM with aluminium BBU is almost half the weight of the AAP01), advertised as glock lower but not compatible with any glock accessories apart from some trigger (like the hammer that breaks) parts and the mag, teases with TDC since launch and comes out with a over engineered chamber costing 1/2 the price of the pistol.
Return spring so weak that the full auto sear doesn't reset if you use a tighter bucking just to reach the RPM when the gas and temp are right. Yeah right, it's perfect out of the box lol.
Hammer breaking is almost as old as a problem G18c systems often have so it breaking apart isn't anything special, though I do agree it should have a steel hammer out of the box as that's not exactly an expensive part in nowadays to begin with.

I never really ran into issues with the outer barrel being "untight", but eh to each of their own I guess.

Honestly? For a gun at a price of sub 70 Euros here (90 for you guys i think) this is pretty good, especially considering things like the G18c that exists aren't known to be too durable either and could have the same (if not more due to more stuff involved) issues down the road. Nothing except the hammer in the long run is strictly necessary outside of probably a handle that makes it easier to cock and it will just shoot straight even with super heavy BBs at a pretty bargaining price, the only other thing that does it might be Army Armaments G18c copies which also have a slew of issues on its own. The only thing that I have concerns about outside of the hammer is the BBU made of pot metal and there has been no upgrades for it, but nobody seems to have a catastrophic failure of that part in particular so far either.

WE Galaxy is good and all, but even with their newer guns they still tend to have some issues here and there such as, well, durability, and it's almost a given the Galaxy will very likely break in ways similar to the AAP01 (you don't expect it to have steel hammers or anything do you?) and have BBUs/nozzles totally incompatible with Marui ones, in addition to a not very appealing lower body just for the sake of aftermarket support for lower parts. I'd expect they would do just as well as AAP01s do just in a one-piece receiver that admittedly looks really cool but ruined by their really terrible lower body.

· Registered
2 Posts
That's what I said and that's what I meant, but like WYZ said, these are metal and can take NORMAL upgrades, not expensive cosmetic things to fix problems engineered into the gun on purpose. On the AAP-01 the barrel was purposefully made to be 2 piece and not at all rigid, and the silencer threads were made to be plastic that will strip in an instant, which is probably like a $50+ upgrade to replace that when it breaks, bringing you to the price of the WE. Even if the WE isn't great, neither was the AAP-01, but it seems like they clearly tried to make a good product that will last(for the most part, we're talking WE here) instead of making a cheap and delicate gun that requires expensive proprietary upgrades that are somewhat lacking. Action Army made it pretty easy to compete with them on this one lol
2 years late on my reply but... The WE Galaxy is the worst airsoft pistol I've ever owned. totally useless and misses shots at less than 5 feet. Walmart springers are better.

· Registered
3,685 Posts
Yeah, this is a bit of a necro my man...

As for the gun, that sounds ridiculous, I think something is wrong with your gun. Start by cleaning the barrel and bucking with rubbing alcohol, and make sure there isn't excessive oil or grease in the rest of the gun.
If that doesn't do anything, it may be worth buying a new bucking or asking on a Facebook group as you are likely to get way more answers there.

· Registered
450 Posts
WE are a mixed bag, but I've not heard of the Galaxy being as bad as claimed above there. Would have to agree there's an actual problem somewhere...

As an aside, my AAP is fine, never had an issue. No jams and no issues with the sears.....the only real niggle I had was the muzzle flip but a heavyweight muzzle break solved that, although I did make a DIY rail-mounted weight which worked just as well.......I simply fancied a more elegant solution. With the vast array of aftermarket parts, you can build yourself any style of sidearm (or primary!) that you want, which is the real strength IMO.

· Registered
15 Posts
Bit late to the party. I've seen a lot of people trash the WE Galaxy though. There's definitely something wrong with jrob's Galaxy if what he's saying is true, and that's not normal by any means -- but it's just more likely the story is extreme hyperbole due to disappointment.

There's zero reasons to get Galaxy when AAP-01 exists. Galaxy has quite a few issues. AAP-01, while not perfect, is definitely one of the better guns on the market. And none can beat it at its very affordable price point, modded or not.

· Registered
3,685 Posts
There's an even cooler one too.

As for the Galaxy, it's pretty much the same as the AAP, but in WE fashion it's a bit half baked in a number of ways.
I was on the phone with a tech at ASGI recently, and he said that three of the plastic Galaxy mags blew up in his friend's car a month and a half ago. The plastic mags are optional, but that sounds pretty scuff imo. Considering Cali is such a big market, you'd want to make gear that would handle their weather.

Sounds like AA fixed their durability issues with the sears and BBU, so I'd say it's a much more reasonable gun now. When a factory replacement part is more than an aftermarket one such as with AA a year or two ago, I'd say that's pretty scuff, especially if they make the sears, BBU, and outer barrel suck major balls like they did in fact do. Idk how good the gun actually is now, but not hearing about it usually means people aren't complaining, which must mean it's holding up okay.

· Registered
450 Posts
Just to provide a modicum of balance - I like WE when they get it right. I must have sold dozens without a problem, but as usual, my favourites are things like the TT-33 and Makarov (well, more of a PMM) which I will be grabbing for the summer. Still loving my AAP, going to add an adjustable trigger and a couple of other bits for quality of life improvements.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts