Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have a question. I have just gotten into airsoft and dont know how to fully play yet. I know this may be a stupid question and everything but I am really wanting to start playing on a regular basis and with summer coming up, I kind of wanted to join a team. The only thing is... I don't really know how to play. Aside from shooting my rifle and stuff I really have no idea how to play. So I was wondering if maybe someone, or even a team, from Michigan (preferably from the downriver area (close to Detroit)) wouldn't mind maybe teaching me how to play. And maybe even how to be an effective Airsoft Sniper. I know that a lot of stuff on this site will help me, however, like I stated, I don't really know how to play. I have always wanted to be a sniper, and since I can't join the armed forces and be one (on account of my asthma being semi-bad and because I wear prescription lenses) I figure maybe I can be one in airsoft. I know it takes a lot of patience and other things (too many to name), but I promise you, I have patience and those other things... I just need to learn how to play first!

·
Registered
974 Posts
I suggest you head over to Michigan Airsoft Forums ( http://miairsoft.proboards.com/index.cgi? ) and make a post in the beginners section. The first way you learn how to play is to get out there. Look around the stickied threads and make a list of the things you'll need for a regular day of play. Take a look at the upcoming games in the Events section and see if there's one near you. If you're in Southeast Michigan, take a look at the No Limits games in Taylor hosted by my team, the Hellfish.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Nope, no team required. I'm going to the SFOD game this weekend if you want someone to show you around, get you used to it. If you want to go, make a post of which side you want to be on based on your camo and make sure you're not late.

This is the thread:
http://miairsoft.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=events&action=display&thread=25338&page=1

Just sign up on the forums, take a look around at all of the helpful guides and such posted in the stickies. If you have specific questions that haven't been answered then do a search to make sure it hasn't been asked and then post your question.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Uh, Im not sure if I'll be able to go or not... the reason I say this Embed, and I would really like to, so that way I can learn to play, is the fact that the rifle I have (the JG-BAR-10, and yes I know it's not an AEG but I am planning on being a sniper from here-on out) is only stock, and my ghillie suit that I made (that I think looks like crap compared to what I have seen from other people (However, it was my first one and I have never seen an actual ghilli up close before) I dont think will be that effective. The other thing is I only have .2 g bb's from Dicks, 1 mag, no sidearm, and the scope on my rifle doesn't site in (which I need someone with experience to take a look at and see if they can fix it before I have to buy a new one), it shoots about an inch above the target.

Dont get me wrong though, Im not trying to make excuses. I just dont have alot of money to buy stuff that I need for airsoft right now because money's really tight.

EDIT: I also dont have any goggles for airsoft either. I really want to start playing though... Airsoft looks like a lot of fun.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Oh gotchya, no worries. I thought you were a little further on than that. Goggles should be a priority, make sure you invest in some good ones. A ghillie isn't completely necessary if you have regular camo. It is tough keeping up a hobby like airsoft, especially now that we're in a recession haha. Keep reading and learning and you'll be good to go.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The only regular camo I had was made into a ghillie suit so I would have to buy another pair of camos. As for the goggles I was checking some things out and I think I found a pair that I really like... someone posted up a pair on here that I really like. I need the kind though that have the prescription inserts. How do those work exactly though Embed? You need to take out the lenses from your glasses and put them into the goggles right?

As far as the rifle and gear go, I am working on getting some better quality bb's (I have found some either .23's or .26's, I dont remember at Walmart. How good would those work for now until I can get a heavier weight?), and then I am probably going to start saving my money and look into a sidearm. My scope is the only problem though. It's kind of hard to explain the problem but it's with the dials. That is why I would like to meet with someone who plays as a airsoft sniper who might be able to help me fix this problem so that I dont end up having to buy a brand new scope altogether. The scope I got was a Leaper's (I think this was the brand) 3-9x50 Red/Green Illumination scope for 70 bucks. I'd rather not spend another 60 or 70 for a decent scope if I dont have to.

As for the rifle, how good is a BAR-10 stock? Is it worthy of playing in games stocked? Also, I have heard that doing the airbrake mod will increase fps, is this true? What other inexpensive mods (even some really cheap parts for the rifle) can I do to upgrade the gun?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
striker said:
As for the rifle, how good is a BAR-10 stock? Is it worthy of playing in games stocked? Also, I have heard that doing the airbrake mod will increase fps, is this true? What other inexpensive mods (even some really cheap parts for the rifle) can I do to upgrade the gun?
Go take a look in the VSR section and the Others section, I've put up posts on low/no cost upgrades, and upgrading in general, just don't expect me to repeat myself because your to lazy to search for your self ::)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lol, alright bro, I will do that. And all of the VSR upgrades can be used in the BAR-10 right? And also, I'm not too lazy, just totally forgot about the search button, lol, sorry.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Just another heads up, double posting is frowned upon. Try not to let it happen. You can use the 'modify' button on your post to edit text and add more.

As for those goggles, it says that the adapter is available so I assume you have to buy it extra. I can't confirm but for some reason I remember someone saying you can wear glasses comfortably under X500's.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Striker, I use the leapers scope (sounds like the one you have) on my L96. Honestly there's not much point getting a high quality scope when there's no recoil and quite a bit of inconsistency.

Anyway, it sounds like your knobs are locked

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok, thanks embed. It took me awhile to figure out what double posting was (I thought it was just where you put the same thing over again) but I got it now. I will watch myself from now on so that I don't take a "vacation" from this site, haha. And as for the goggles, it'd be nice if they just fit right over my glasses... I guess I'll just have to buy them and find out. As long as they work well and everything I dont mind wearing them over my regular glasses (although the frames on my glasses hurt my ears sometimes (the tops of my ears are even cut up due to me wearing glasses all my life) but it would just be nice if I didn't have to wear them, that's all.

As for your post Zulu, I kind of knew that there was no point in getting one that high quality for a stock gun, but I'm more of how things look than if my scope can see farther than I can shoot, haha. As long as it looks good and people think, "Oh, this guys has a high quality scope, maybe his rifle has a ton of upgrades, better watch out for him," I'll be alright. And I have tried doing that with the dials, I have adjusted them but when I bring it to the first line (the adjustment line, not the zero resetting line) I can turn it some but then it gets stuck... I dont hear and clicks and I can turn it anymore... It's like it locks into place when adjusting.

The bb's Im not too worried about, once I start playing regularly I will look at the more expensive bb's and such.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.