Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

Mines

2112 Views 14 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  Libelle
I was wondering, would anyone be interested in me making a sort of tutorial on how to make spring loaded trip mines? Me and my dad came up with the design and while I haven't had any opportunities to test it in prime conditions., it's delivered in all my tests and the one airsoft skirmish I was able to use it in. The way it's designed it sprays a large sort of mushroom cloud shaped spray of BB's that either hit the opponent on the way up or rain down on them in about a 10-15' diameter. I'd be more than happy to draw up some blueprints and write out a step by step. Well, let me know how you guys feel.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
A video would be sweet, be able to see it in action.
Oh man, I'd love to. It might be a bit, I'm a lot busier than anyone should be in the summer, but, I'll definitely try and get that video up.
I foresee people getting blasted in the nuts by BB's.
the3rdeye88 said:
I foresee people getting blasted in the nuts by BB's.
That is something I would not enjoy... If I played a game with those I would be paranoid.
Think about it though, I don't think these mines are going to be blasting people past 300 fps. I have been hit in that area before, and most of the time it just deflects off of the BDU's like it was nothing.
There is a joke there fuzzy...... BUT...... I think I will leav that one alone ;)
woogie said:
There is a joke there fuzzy...... BUT...... I think I will leav that one alone ;)
Thank you sir, thank you.
See less See more
Haha, thankfully I've never gotten blasted in the nuts testing them, but, risk is there. And yeah fuzzy, they don't shoot to fast. The power's more in the spread. I'm gonna start working on the blueprints then start on that video.
fuzzywolly said:
Think about it though, I don't think these mines are going to be blasting people past 300 fps. I have been hit in that area before, and most of the time it just deflects off of the BDU's like it was nothing.
Its to temping, oh so tempting.
hidden187 said:
fuzzywolly said:
Think about it though, I don't think these mines are going to be blasting people past 300 fps. I have been hit in that area before, and most of the time it just deflects off of the BDU's like it was nothing.
Its to temping, oh so tempting.
I don't get it ??? Lol

This would be great though I'd like to see how it was made.
I'd be interested. I have been going back and forth on a CO2 powered one for the last few years, but it'd be interesting to see what you have come up with too.

My biggest problem with most of the home made ones out there is that they are huge. Ideally a mine shouldnt be bigger than a normal claymore; small enough to cary two comfortably in a kit and large enough to have an effective spread of BBs.
mine is cylindrical, about a foot long, more than half of it sticks in the ground.
Anyways I'm gonna start on the blueprints and submit a photo or two this coming week.
Sooo... how about that how-to video? I'm not that great with this kind of stuff, so that video is something I would love to see.
I have a toe-popper mine the size of a tea tin designed. Guess what it is made from.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top