Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I have a TM mk23 and it is shooting kinda perfect. No need to improve it (might be the first gun that I dont want to work on the accuracy).

However I like to work on a few things and am looking for your advice / ideas:

- lighter trigger pull and shorter travel distance to do follow up shots. The only option I see is a Laylax lightweight trigger kit. Has anyone tried it or found sth. else that does the job? The basic idea is to get the trigger as close to a gbb trigger as possible.

- better sights. Either fibre optics or a reddot. The Novritsch ssx23 slide looks promising. Has anyone installed it on a TM MK23 and can tell me if there are any issues / disadvantages?

- even more mag capacity. I found different magazine followers that allow around 5 more bbs per mag. I liked the model from snipetor, because they also block the trigger on an empty mag. Unfortunately I cant find them on his page and he isnt answering. Has anyone found another good magazine follower? With those I could reduce the amount of mags I need to carry for a game.

Do you know any other improvements for the pistol? I tried the website onmymk.com, but it seems to be offline.

Kind regards

Marco

Registered
I saw a review of the Laylax kit by some french guy, and although it made the trigger lighter, it dropped his power by a surprising amount. That was with a TM, but he tried with an ASG and lost even more power for some reason.
I think that it may be worth it if you run a barrel like a 200mm, but for the $50-70 it is I don't think it's worth it at all.
You can polish the mating surfaces though, and try and shim things and remove general slop with the use of glueing brass sheet places. You can also remove a piece that removes the single action trigger function, so you can lighten/smoothen the pull but can't cock the hammer back and have it hold there.
Also, doing single action drops your power by a lot, and pulling your trigger super fast boosts power a decent amount, if you need to pass chrono馃ケ

Those followers seem like a good idea, but they cost too much imo, since I don't use my pistol a whole lot. If Nov had them for like a dollar, I'd be all over it, but those were sort of expensive and seemed not super strong sounding. I did drill holes in my followers though, so I could use an Allen key or something instead of having the thing shoot forward and bust the feed lips.

I think that either AirsoftCamMan or Kicking Mustang added an SSX slide to his TM and it was fine.

That MK site was sorta outdated and could be covered in a 5 minute video, which I'll link below.

Pretty much what I'd call a perfect MK23 is
200X5.98 barrel
Maple Leaf Autobot 70掳 or R-hop and SORA bucking
Maple Leaf chamber
SS-nub
Lots of shimming everywhere
Single stage trigger mod
Trigger polishing
Trigger shimming
Aligned outer barrel bore
Suppressor with small holes and a rubber coating

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
which maple leaf chamber do you mean?

I agree with rare pistol use, but there a days where you are stuck in a building and use the backup the whole day, so it is great to have spare mags with you. with the mag followers I could geet rid of one mag and still have tons of ammo.

I thought a 145 or 150mm inner barrel should do with a short supressor, to keep the gun manouverable.

Registered
Maple Leaf made an aluminum chamber for the MK23, it can be had from 1ShotAirsoft or a couple of the Asian places. Poseidon also makes one I think, but I bet the ML is better.

I run the Novritsch suppressor I have in the 2 and 3 segment configuration since I care more about sound than having a stupid little suppressor that doesn't really do anything.
I tried a 1 segment, and it was pretty similar to nothing at all.

One of these days I plan to make my own pistol with cheap, simple, aluminum magazines and a slimmer frame and slide, along with a longer slide and barrel. I then plan on a rectangular suppressor that matches the slide and looks cool. Probably a long term project as it will probably be difficult.

Registered
I'm rocking a Hadron TDC and I-plate, Maple Leaf Decepticon rubber, Edgi 6.00mm barrel, and the newly released Sniper Mechanic Suppressor in an ASG (which I got for peanuts, don't judge!). Whilst there are certainly further steps I could take, my main question (if you'll excuse me piggybacking the thread) is about the SSX23 metal slide and compatibility with other brands. Now, I've heard it should be a drop-in with the potential for a bit of shimming via tape (ew!) but I always like to double and triple check any information about upgrades as I've been bitten over the years and have a box of crap that should have worked and didnt....

Any help gratefully received!

Registered
Pretty late to the party here but the Nov slide does fit on a tm mk23. I ran it for a little while and swapped back to the plastic. Just made it too heavy along with already being a bulky gun to deal with. Fitment was great not need for tape or anything if you like the rmr or the fiber optics it's cool to have but I rarely use sights when shooting pistols so it didn't matter much to me to keep.

Registered
Interesting that you pop up with that aside, as I just fixed fiber optic sights to my standard plastic slide :) 拢3 worth of red and yellow fiber optic rods, filed a grove down the center of the rear and front sights, and then secure the rods (cut to size ofc) in place with super glue. As they sit on the standard sights, the rods themselves are high enough to use over a silencer and although I don't use them all the time, it was an incredibly easy mod.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts