Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after scouring the entire forum, I couldn't seem to find a thread on this, so i'll start a new one. Just recently, my bb has been taking a mad left and up curve about 75' out. So much in fact it's about a 2 mil down/2 mil right hold with my scope set to 3X. I checked my barrel and bucking and they appear to be straight. I forgot to mention that this is with my hop-up set all the way off.
EDIT*
I have been considering the HP hop unit due to price and good reports from other forum members. Would this be the easiest fix?

·
Registered
31 Posts
It sounds like a hop-up problem. Take the cylinder out and look down the barrel from the receiver and you should be able to see the hop up chamber and nub. You should be able to see any mis-alignment or debris in the chamber. For example, in my L96 I aligned the bucking to the inner barrel, but when I assembled the outer barrel to the receiver the whole assembly was slightly crooked, creating the same effect as if the rifle was canted while firing. If everything looks straight and clean, I would just dis-assemble the hop up to make sure everything is working properly. Check and see that the hop up arm moves freely up and down because it may be getting stuck which could cause your adjustments to have no success. I have no experience with the HP hop up chamber, but I have had a PDI unit in my VSR and will likely be getting one for my 96 as well.

Also, this may be ridiculous, but once I mistaked a speedloader containing .2's with my speedloader full of .3's. Needless to say they were sailing.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Off course not, the hop unit was twisted, the hardest problem to fix. .20 gram bb's don't even enter this house (due to the fact that i don't have any other airsoft guns).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.