Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all of you people who desire to upgrade their utg mk96, you should read this.

With the help of Zulu and his guide I have put together quite a set up.
http://www.airsoftsniperforum.com/phpBB/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=681

When I dissembled and reassembled (well mostly) the rifle I found I had a problem. One of the many popular upgrades for the l96 variants is the PDI hop up. With this you can use a AEG barrel and AEG bucking. One of the more popular barrels is the prometheus 6.03mm (509mm length) because it is close to the length of the actual stock barrel of the mk96 (499mm).

However, any barrel longer than the 499mm will not fit due to the fact that a metal "barrier" stops the barrel and hop up from correctly going into place. To fix this, I am having a friend cut around 10mm off.

This is just a "heads up" for those of you out there planning to stick a 509mm barrel in your gun. Im sure there is another way to solve the problem but I do not know of it just yet.

Hope I helped some of you out in case you have this problem now or might have it again in the future.

If anyone else has any personnel experience with problems or trouble they had with installing the upgrades, etc. feel free to post here.

Fuzzy

·
Registered
207 Posts
Take a dremel sander bit and stick it down the muzzle that should take care of it. The problem with hacksawing the barrel is you could get some rough edges that would throw off the accuracy then slap a silencer on the end if you don't like the extra few mm's of barrel.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good advice. This would be a good option for some people but I have a friend who has some pretty high tech tools. He was able to cut my barrel exactly to 499mm (give or take 1/1000 of an inch--hes got some serious tools :)

For some people they might not have this option so thanks for the input. Any others...?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Yeah I found that if you pack a bunch of heavy hard epoxy around the end of the inner barrel kind of like a spacer for about 2-3 inches it dramaticaly (I think thats how you spell it) reduces the vibrations at the end of the barrel which are the most notorious for throwing off your accuracy there for greater stabalizing the bb's flight path.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lero, this was just a thread to help people solve or prevent specific problems with upgrading the mk/ other l96 variants. Also, with what october has said, provides people with some helpful tips to better the rifle.

·
Registered
19 Posts
thats exactly my point, if someone is interested in owning an L96, and does all the research about upgrading their rifle, but theirs is the AGM AWP, they could end up buying the wrong parts. I just wanted something in the thread so people know.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
O, that makes sense. Good point lero, its a nice piece of information for those with the AGM AWP. After all, we are trying to help people make the RIGHT decisions, not the wrong ones :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.