Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So basically, ghillie suits are usually very season bound.
And in a way to save myself some work, I'm going to try to make a modular, All-Season ghillie suit.

It'll consist of a T-shaped netting, hung with Jute/Burlap in basic darkish colours, but very minimal. It will be connected to my chestrigs with carabine hooks. (As my ghillie is right now. It really helps when i need to quickly take it off for vegetation)
The ghillie will be a T-shaped cape design.

However, there will be several over-coats. Simple lightweight netting, which will have seasonal colours. (Woodland green, Autumn orange/brown, Winter White, Marshland olivedrab) All with seasonal artifical plants and leafs. The overcoats will match the same shape as the base suit.

The setup will be as following:

-The base ghillie suit will serve purely as "background/underground" coloring and shape break-up.
-The "Over-Coats" will serve as visual colour concealment, and shape break-up details.
-Each season/terrain will have its own "over-coat"

So any thoughts about this? It's going to be a long running winter project for me.
Tell me what you guys think.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Sounds like a great thing to try. Be sure to post pictures up of your progress. ;)
Maybe you could try and put a detachable fleece on the inside or something for those cold winter days?

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds like a great thing to try. Be sure to post pictures up of your progress. ;)
Maybe you could try and put a detachable fleece on the inside or something for those cold winter days?
No, i'll keep my thermal wear on my body (Read: Cold weather clothing). When my ghillie needs to go (wet, frozen whatever) I wont lose my resistance to the cold.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
What about some sort of cape? I mean, you could have the cape really long so that it can wrap under your feet and then underneath you to act as a blanket, but it could also be folded over so that it's like a cape on your back. You could add vegetation to it, too.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Probably as it is now, a cape to about calf length.

this has given me the most mobility, while maintaining the capability of hiding myself, even in prone, kneeling or standing. The T-shape will cover my arms.

while sitting/kneeling, my cape can be draped forward, for frontal concealment.

I experienced that a longer cape than your calves is actually a real hell to drag around. Most of the time it'll get caught or drag around the ground, causing noise. Having to don a cape double all the time, would also hinder me in time. Let alone the extra weight.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.