Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

Moisture wicking clothes, what do you wear?

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Bushmaster Recon 
#1 · (Edited)
Edit: Unsure if General was the correct place to post this, sorry if I'm in the wrong.

I live in Florida and it's getting pretty darn toasty out there. I'm looking for some moisture wicking shirts and would like to hear what brands people use.

I wouldn't be wearing this under a BDU jacket, so it needs to be durable enough to survive running through the woods.

Also looking for leggings/tights to wear under my pants.

~Blit

#5 ·
It says Onward
I bought it at a thrift shop last year and another one for my son but a little different
Mine is 65 poly 35 cotton
Also i quit wearing a molle vest and just use a belt , a lot cooler

There are a couple places on ebay selling long sleeve tshirts
I will take a look , but for me shipping to Japan was expensive
I think maybe realtree or something like that

#6 ·
My spotter and I were discussing this over the weekend.

We both run Emerson Gen3 tops and bottoms. 35/65 ripstop cotton poly blend tends to keep our cores dry. In a pinch, Rothco moisture wick shirts make for a cheap stand in if things get a bit too muddy on multi-day events. In either case, long sleeves and treatment with pymethrin do wonders for keeping the bugs off you allowing for setting up a sniping spot that would otherwise find you eaten by mosquitos.

The next evolution is choosing what goes over it to haul gear based on season.

A solid battle belt with H-harness works wonders for cooling if you typically wear a chest rig or plate carrier. Likewise, a plate carrier makes for a solid addition for fall/winter games, particularly 24hr events that run all night.

#7 ·
I'm using a Allwin combat shirt and honestly it isn't the best. The torso section is made of a t-shirt material rather than a wicking material.
Most brands of airsoft and real military combat shirts that you find outside of China have the correct material. For China brands Emerson works fine.
Or if you wanted a good t-shirt you could look at Ironclad T-shirts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.