Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yo all!

Thought to make a poll about this little thing that many times turns to be the utterly most hideous disaster that ruins the game / day.

I myself play with goggles that my friend customized into grid type. I don't mind about facial hits, the pain doesn't last that long after all... Or hasn't so far. xD And yet I'm able to aim with me rifles and don't have to worry about getting blinded with steam or what ever it should be called that forms in the acrylic ones.

P.S.
What's the correct term here? "Acrylic glass" doesn't sound right... It was the only term I was able to think at the moment. =D

MOD:
CRAP! It should be on them, not at them right? What was I thinking... xP

·
Registered
299 Posts
I'm having a lot of trouble understanding anything that you're talking about. Might be the language/label barrier, but it's possible that you're drunk too!

For what it's worth, here in NJ I rarely see anyone playing with paintball type masks (full face protection). The ones that fear that pain though will frequently wear a shemagh or balaclava.

There's a possibility your "acrylic glass" could be plexiglass. Ballistic goggles (legally rated by the ANSI scale) are made of polycarbonate.

I have seen people wear shooting glasses UNDER the mesh goggles and most fields will clear this as long as the glasses are wraparound in nature.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
He's talking about what the difference is between mesh goggles "Grid type" and full seals "Polyurathanes". Here's my two pennies on this:

In my opinion, I have tested several times the velocity factor of a mesh type goggle system from my rifle (Firing at about 550 FPS with a .2) from 3 feet away, if you watch the Airsoft News Network Sniper special, I believe it's video #7 or #8 that I shoot these in, and it leaves nothing but a dent. Now, if I had a consistantly shooting 500+ FPS weapon, and I pelted some guy in the grape 4-5 times in the same time in the same spot, bb's could get in and cause damage. However, because of the unlikelyhood of that, I allow them at my games for Snipers only. Because not only would the guy have to shoot you head on, but it would have to be from such a close quarter that that person shouldn't be there in the first place.

Now, about full seal goggles... Fogging up is something that you really have no cure for, sure you can buy a fan, but with that noise, it could compromise your position. Me being a bigger built person (Not fat, just more mass) I sweat a lot more, and usually results in fogging, so these are usually something that I can't really depend on reaching for. So as far as legal issues go, there are a few reasons that I can see why full seals are dominant to mesh, but as far as practical reasons, I believe mesh takes it.

-Mosin

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Me apologies about messy writing, I couldn't find/figure out the correct terms while writing this. Hope there was no severe harm done to anyone. =)

MOD (OFF TOPIC):

P.S.

Me don't like, and actually can't really, getting drunk. By saying can't is due to me taste starting to hate the taste of beer (or any alcohol) and making me feel sick if I try to take another 0,5 litres can or practically anything else that contains alcohol either. This is propably thanks to my slight barley allergy, it has been strong in my youth but it has weakened enough that I can drink one beer (that's 0,5 litres to me) at a night, guaranteeing me being sober 24/7. Besides I drink eight times out of ten at weekends.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
You need to drink Mead then mate, its made from Honey ;) Its sweet, sickly and moreish and best of all gets you rat arsed in no time

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Some of your folks goofy drink inventions? xD =D Could try sometime though... =)

MOD:

Back to the original topic shall we? =)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.